Initiative for Justice and Equality – INJECT, is a non-for-profit organization established in 2018 to empower women legally and to advocate institutions for the protection of social, economic and cultural rights of women. Rule of law, accountability, transparency, capacity building of law-and-order institutions, respect for human rights, empowerment of marginalized groups and raising social awareness are the areas where we contribute in order to achieve our vision. For more information on our activities and ongoing programmes, please visit www.inject.org
Overall Purpose of the Job
INJECT is recruiting a Finance / Administration Manager (FAM) for the organization, located in Prishtina. FAM will be responsible for accounting and financial management of all INJECT projects. FAM will manage day-to-day running of admin and support services. FAM will ensure that national legislation is adhered to, and that the funding agencies’ specific standards are applied in ensuring efficient use of resources in a role to provide finance and administration management support and oversight to INJECT programmes.
Responsibilities of the Finance / Admin Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise accountancy procedures: filing of documents, allocation of expenses, vouchers registration, balance checking, etc.
- Verify and compile monthly accounts for all projects
- Manage the presentation, circulation, filing and archiving of accounting and financial documents as per our procedures.
- Asset and inventory reporting
- Open/close bank accounts on the authority of the Executive Director,
- Oversee the management of bank accounts: follow transfers, check balances, check authorized expenses, ensure relevant signatories for account access and continuity, and online transactions.
- Supervise the management of safes and cash: available amount, balance checks, security instructions;
- Assess monthly cash-flow needs for projects and coordinate cash requests to the donors as per ongoing agreements.
- Manage money transfers, bases cash-supply and amounts in circulation, whilst defining payment procedures (bank transfer, cheque, cash etc.).
Commitment of expenditure:
- Set up and formalize procedures for the commitment of expenditure, conform local procurement law(s) and practices, and ensure adherence to donor agreements’ fiscal management requirements.
- Ensure that procedures are adhered to in terms of contracts, payments, and required approvals.
- Ensure that proofs of purchase are valid (contracts, orders, bills, invoices, delivery receipts etc.)
- Evaluate/report the need and ensure the proper use of INJECT equipment,
- Assess and ensures the functioning of the means of communication appropriate for the office
- Develop tables necessary for financial monitoring and for budget follow up for each project
- Analyze and identify gaps between planned budgets and actual expenses.
- Anticipate project financial risks and consult with the programme managers.
- Develop budgets for project proposals according to project needs and donor constraints.
- Draft financial reports respecting grant agreements’ deadlines in coordination with Programme Managers and Executive Director.
- Ensure the respect of donor procedures for each agreement
Administration and Resources Management:
- Supervise the upkeep and maintenance of office and staff residencies to INJECT’s standards
- Organise the maintenance and repairs of office premises, facilities and assets of the organization
- Ensure provision of high-quality logistical support to guests, visitors including partner organisations involved in INJECT’s activities throughout Kosovo
- Manage the attendance and performance of support function staff (HR & Admin, Logistics and Finance)
- Take responsibility of due care in the storage, security and use of all INJECT assets
- Assist with the recruitment of support function staff as required by the programmes’ needs
- Supervise support function staff in and ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures on personnel conduct, safety and security, and anti-fraud and anti-bribery
- Periodically review and update all staff contracts and lease agreements
- Oversee and enforce mechanisms, protocols and practices that are in place to ensure that staff and partners are aware of and adhere to internal policies
- Work closely with the Executive Director and programme managers to manage and coordinate any disciplinary and grievance issues.
- At least 5 years (8 preferred) of progressively responsible work experience in financial management, accounting/budgeting management with direct experience managing operational and administrative aspects of project implementation;
- Team leader experience in finance or accounting department preferred;
- Experience with institutional donor rules and regulations and experience working in an international or at least a local NGO environment highly desirable
- An understanding of NGOs and a commitment to humanitarian work
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with accounting, financial controls, and financial information systems
- Well versed in laws and regulations in Kosovo that have impact on financial management controls
- Mastery of Excel and familiarity with accounting systems and software QuickBooks
- Experience developing and/or implementing administrative policies and procedures on donor-funded development activities;
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative team;
- Excellent and demonstrated project management and supervisory skills; and
- Fluent in written and oral English.
How to Apply
All candidates interested in applying for this position should send their updated CV and a motivation letter, in English, to this email email@example.com. The candidates who do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. All applicants must mention the job title (FAMHQ24) in the subject line of their email; applications with no job title in the subject line may not be considered.
Due to high volume of applications, only the short-listed will be contacted for the next stage, which is a written test and interview.
INJECT is an equal opportunities employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.
Closing date for applications is October 31, 2021 close of business time; late applications will not be considered.