Job Category: Program
Requisition Number: FIELD02186
Posted: December 23, 2020
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day to day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence- We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom- We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency- We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Field Accountant (FA) will provide a full range of accounting and administrative support to IRI’s Kosovo office. The FA will work alongside the program staff to ensure smooth running of activities. The FA will report directly to the Resident Program Director (RPD). This position is based on Kosovo and the application deadline is January 6, 2021. Local Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- University degree in accounting or finance;
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in a professional finance and/or accounting role, ideally within an international organization;
- Familiarity with local finance and accounting regulations;
- Fluency in English and local languages;
- Computer literate with practical experience with various software packages.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Fulfilling regular reporting requirements of accounting, procurement and overall financial operations of the Kosovo office;
- Conducting financial operations in JAMIS-AP bills, entries and approvals, expenses reports, reports, rolling budgets, monthly exchange rate calculations, online bank, and cash operations, VAT return reporting, etc.;
- Supervising all types of bank transactions in the office (i.e. online bank payments, cash payments, check payments, reconciliations, etc.);
- Ensuring that employees reconcile cash advances in a timely manner, and according to IRI deadline policy;
- Monitoring monthly spending’s, reconciliations and bank accounts, and making necessary recommendations to ensure compliance with the funder and financial obligations, sales and IRI accounting;
- Conducting the VAT return operations;
- Maintaining Petty Cash;
- Conducting registration and deregistration of employees at the tax-office;
- Closely cooperating with IRI’s Kosovo’s accounting agency;
- Ensuring that all IRI documents (documents, archives, equipment, furniture, etc. are well protected at all time and that the inventory list is revised and updated;
- Ensuring that all contracts are processed for renewal or termination prior to expiration date;
- Coordinating procurement and contract negotiation;
- Coordinating ordering supplies;
- Coordinating logistical arrangements for IRI program events and consultations;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field.
- 3-4 years: Minimum 3-4 years of experience in a professional finance and/or accounting role, ideally within an international organization