Posting Title: Expert for Supporting the Drafting National Development Strategy
Department/Office: Resident Coordinator System
Duty Station: PRISTINA
Posting Period: 11 April 2022 - 18 April 2022
Job Opening Number: 22-Resident Coordinator System-178115-Consultant
Staffing Exercise N/A
Result of Service
The overall task is to finalise the the NDS text. The expert would be involved with the NDS team during the second part of April until end of May.
The consultant will report as a first reporting officer to the Head of the RCO and second to the Director of Strategic Planning Office in OPM.
The tasks for this consultant would involve the following:
- NDS Table of Contents and other possible templates for experts who contribute to the drafting of the NDS.
- Reviewing and written feedback to draft NDS parts prepared by the experts
- Consolidating the draft to ensure a unique structure and style.
- Assemble the final version of the NDS 2030 document.
- Draft NDS 2030 ready for approval by the Government
As a final note, we expect that the first draft that the expert will work on drafting and editing, will be written in Albanian.
15 days from contracting date until end of May
Duties and Responsibilities
The purpose of this assignment is to support the SPO in its leading role during the finalisation process of a new National Development Strategy of Kosovo (NDS 2030).
The main focus of the work concerns drafting the narrative part of the NDS 2030 based on the indicative outline of the NDS document.
The current ToR seeks for additional senior expert on NDS whose task will be to provide support to the Sectoral Experts and the SPO staff with templates, advice and feedback on unifying the narrative of draft of the NDS 2030 and ensuring their quality as well as writing, editing, revising the NDS 2030 document.
Specific outputs of the Expert will be delivered according to the overall NDS 2030 Preparation Schedule, instructions from the SPO Director. The Expert will closely work with the beneficiary (the SPO), in particular with the director and co-ordinators of sectors (pillars) by the SPO, and with other experts involved in the preparation of the NDS.
Academic Qualifications: University degree at least at BA level in Social Sciences, Public Administration, Communications, European studies or European Integration or relevant professional experience of 10 years and more;
- Proven at least 5 years, but preferably 8 years and more of professional experience in policy planning, in particular on drafting strategic documents;
- Familiarity with the Sustainable Development Goals and Agenda 2030;
- Work experience in or with the Central Government in conducting policy studies and analysis;
- International experience in the above specific domain is not necessary but would be considered advantageous.
Language: Fluency in Albanian and English