Local Expert for development of the Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans
Location : Prizren and Suharekë/ Suva Reka municipalities, Kosovo, UNSCR 1244 (1999)
Application Deadline : 08-Jun-22 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : National Consultant
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : 15-Jun-2022
Duration of Initial Contract : 15 June 2022 – 15 October 2022
Expected Duration of Assignment : 15 June 2022 – 15 October 2022
The UNDP’s project “Support for Sustainable Prizren – Initiating Urban NAMAs (Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions)” has supported Prizren to draft the climate change Cross-Sectorial Intervention Plan (CSIP), 2020-2025. which is serving as a city guiding document for climate change local actions. It includes interventions for the reduction of GHG emissions in sectors of energy, waste management, transport, and public services, incorporating the priority needs of men, women, and marginalized groups. The CSIP is being updated with the rural development component to include potential green solutions that can be introduced to decrease the negative effect the rural area has on climate change. Furthermore, the CSIP is being developed for the Suharekë/ Suva Reka municipality.
The SLCA project is supporting the municipalities of Prizren and Suharekë/ Suva Reka in the effective implementation of cross-sectoral and gender-responsive mitigation actions in the rural and urban areas and contributes to the reduction of GHG emissions. The city of Prizren has developed the first Greenhouse Gas (GHGs) emissions for 2014, with the estimation of emissions from energy, agriculture, and waste management sectors. With project support, Prizren municipality is upgrading the existing GHG emission inventory, and Suharekë/ Suva Reka municipality is drafting its first GHG emission Inventory.
In line with Municipal Development Plans, the Municipal Zoning Map, the Climate Change Cross-Sectoral Intervention Plan (CSIP), and the Municipal Rural Development Plan in Prizren Municipality the project will support Prizren and Suharekë/ Suva Reka municipalities to develop a sustainable mobility system (gender and disability-informed) and increasing the rural-urban linkages through developing mobility plans, the mobility needs of diverse women and men, including persons with disabilities, increase access to urban advantages while decreasing GHG emissions from transport. The Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan (SUMP) will be developed in cooperation with key stakeholders in the municipality of Prizren.
Thus, the project seeks to hire a local expert to support the development of sustainable mobility plans in two project municipalities.
In accordance with UN resolution 72/279 and the subsequent global rollout of United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Frameworks (UNSDCF), the proposed intervention is fully aligned with the UN Kosovo Team UNSDCF outcome 3 “By 2025, women and men in Kosovo, particularly youth and vulnerable groups, have increased access to decent work and benefit from sustainable and inclusive economic development that is more resilient to impacts of climate change, disasters and emergencies”.
Objectives of Assignment
The objective of this assignment is to support the Prizren and Suharekë/ Suva Reka municipalities in framework analyses on sustainable urban mobility plans and linkages between urban-rural mobility and development of the scope of work for drafting the sustainable mobility plans in each municipality.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Local Expert shall be responsible for:
Phase 1. Legal Framework, and Situation Analyses for developing SUMPs
- Providing a work plan at the start of the consultancy, which clearly indicates the methodology and anticipated target outputs.
- Coordinating, organizing, and conducting meetings with stakeholders and local authorities to obtain relevant Legal Frameworks concerning sustainable urban mobility plans and linkages between urban-rural mobility.
- Analysing relevant Legal Frameworks concerning sustainable urban mobility plans and linkages between urban-rural mobility.
- Analyse the current situation in two municipalities of any initiatives and/or any drafts of developing sustainable urban mobility plans and link urban-rural mobility with suggestions on the next steps in order to establish adequate initiation of drafting the plans.
- Draft the Report on Legal Framework, and Situation Analyses for developing SUMPs for each municipality, with suggestions on the next steps in order to establish adequate initiation of drafting the plans and specifying the local experts in the field of mobility, security forces, the academic world, professionals of the sector or any other relevant stakeholder for the development and steering of the SUMPs.
- Validation workshops with stakeholders, municipal authorities, and project on the findings Legal Framework, and Situation Analyses of developing SUMPs for each municipality.
- Addressing any comments/feedback for both Municipalities.
Phase 2. Scope of work and Action Plan with Financial Implications for developing the SUMPs
- In close cooperation with Municipal Green Growth Center in Prizren and in Suharekë/Suva Reka and municipal authorities instructs to set the municipal core team of experts to work with the company which will be hired by the project for the development of the SUMPs.
- Conduction information sessions with each municipality on principles to be followed in drafting SUMPs, data requested, the need for a communication plan, actors involved, citizens’ participation, etc.
- Instruct the municipal specialists from each municipality to start the identification of inputs for all matters and assist municipal specialists in identifying and addressing difficulties they might have in the future.
- Drafts scope of work and Action Plan with Financial Implications for contracting professional companies to develop the SUMPs.
- Addressing any comments/feedback for both Municipalities.
- Any other activities may be required in line with the objectives of the assignment.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
- 1. Work plan at the start of the consultancy, which clearly indicates the methodology and anticipated target outputs (estimated completion date 20 June 2022)
- 2. Report on Legal Framework, and Situation Analyses of developing SUMPs for each municipality (estimated completion date 15 August 2022)
- 3. Validation workshops with stakeholders, municipal authorities, and project on the findings Legal Framework, and Situation Analyses of developing SUMPs for each municipality (estimated completion date 15 September 2022)
- 4. Information sessions with each municipality on principles to be followed in drafting SUMPs, data requested, the need for a communication plan, actors involved, citizens’ participation, etc (estimated completion date 30 September 2022)
- 5. Drafts scope of work and Action Plan with Financial Implications to develop the SUMPs (estimated completion date 15 October 2022)
Remuneration - Lump Sum Amount
The Contract is based on lump sum remuneration and shall be processed subject to deliverables as per the schedule listed below:
- 50% of total contract amount upon completion of deliverables 1, 2, 3
- 50% of total contract amount upon completion of deliverables 4, 5
Required Presentation of Offer:
The following documents are requested:
- Personal CV and P11, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Offeror and at least three (3) professional references.
- Brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment.
- Technical proposal, a max. 2-page document briefly outlining the methodology envisaged for the assignment for delivering the expected results within the indicated timeframe.
- Financial Proposal that indicates lump sum payment based on completion of deliverables.
- Copy of Diplomas and copy of Passport.
Criteria for selection of the Best Offer
Offers will be evaluated utilizing a combined Scoring method – where the qualifications and technical proposal will be weighted a max. of 70% and combined with the price offer which will be weighted a max of 30.
Technical score: 70% weight allocated as follows:
A/ The evaluation of the technical offer will be as follows:Criteria Points Max Points Masters’ degree in Urban Mobility, Transport, or any other relevant qualification in related fields. 15 pts At least 2 years of experience in the field of sustainable mobility plans. 15 pts Know very well the local government in Kosovo and the regulatory framework. 15 pts Preferable experience with traffic planning, modeling, and transport surveys 10 pts Assessment of the methodological note and of the implementation schedule by the evaluation committee.
Quality of writing and of the presentation: 20 points
Understanding of the assignment: 25 points 45 pts Total 100 pts
Financial score: financial offer (30% weight)
B/ Evaluation of the financial offers: Only the financial proposals of the applications selected following the technical evaluation with a minimum of 70/100 points will be considered for the financial evaluation.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Ability to synthesize research and draw conclusions on the related subjects;
- Good analytical and report writing skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to establish effective working relations in a multicultural team environment;
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors;
- Responds positively to critical feedback.
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation
- Master’s degree in Urban Mobility, Transport, or any other relevant qualification in related fields.
- At least 2 years of experience in the field of elaboration of sustainable urban mobility plans or transport generals.
- Know very well the local government in Kosovo and the regulatory framework.
- Preferable experience with traffic planning, modeling, and transport surveys.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English are a must.
- Click on the "Apply now" button.
- Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation; You can type in, or paste your short Resume into the last box.
- Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. On the next page, you will be asked to upload your Resume.
- System will only allow one attachment. All docs (CV; P11; financial offer; list of similar profiles should be included as one attachment).
- Please make sure to submit all the requested documents/information; otherwise, your application will be considered incomplete.