MANIFESTA 14 PRISHTINA
Profile Events Coordinator
Who are we?
Manifesta, the European Nomadic Biennial, produces one of the world’s most influential art events. Manifesta rethinks the relations between culture and society by investigating and catalyzing positive social change in Europe through contemporary culture in dialogue with the social sphere of a specific place. Since 1996, the Manifesta biennial takes place in a different European city every two years. Manifesta 14 will take place from July 22 until October 30, 2022, in Prishtina, Kosovo.
What can Manifesta offer you:
- Excellent training facilities
- Access to international network of professionals
- Exciting working environment with English speaking professionals
- Outstanding working conditions
- Nice and open, transparent organisation with young colleagues from all over the world
- Competitive payment schedule
The Marketing, Communication and Audience Development department is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented, experienced Events Coordinator with a vibrant hospitality network in Prishtina and a get things done mentality.
As a member of Manifesta’s team based in Prishtina, the Events Coordinator will coordinate events during the entire biennial period, with a strong focus on producing and coordinating events during the opening days, for both local and international audiences, as well as tailormade events for sponsors, partners and stakeholders, in close collaboration with the Manifesta’s Director, Marketing Coordinator and Audience Development Coordinator.
The Events Coordinator sits in the Marketing, Communication and Audience Development department and will join the Audience development sub-team, together with the Audience Development Coordinator – based in Amsterdam, the Marketing Coordinator and the Audience Development Assistant – all based in Prishtina.
- Organises and produces events during the entire 100-day biennial period, hosting and catering different audiences (from general public and local communities to high-profile, international audiences, as well as Manifesta’s stakeholders)
- Responsible for logistics, planning and administration, and producing within budget
- Sets-up partnerships and liaises with different qualified hospitality vendors (e.g. F&B, venues)
- Supervises and coordinates the event staff and Manifesta’s volunteers to ensure that all events are organised properly in advance and are run smoothly
Required skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in logistics, organising and producing major events in Prishtina, Kosovo (preferably in the cultural and artistic field)
- Good understanding of the cultural and event sector in Prishtina (theater, film, music, etc.) with knowledge of local suppliers
- Experience in logistics and operational side of events
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to interact with an international team, as part of a larger structure
- Good awareness of local cultural nuances and audiences
- Excellent spoken and written in Albanian and English
- Hands-on with a strong attention to detail and quality standards
- Team player, able to cooperate and work under guidelines
- Ability to work under pressure in fast-paced environment and according to deadlines and service standards
- Flexibility - working hours outside regular scheme
- Working location: Prishtina, Kosovo
- Working period: April 2022 (a.s.a.p.) – End of October 2022, full-time - Salary to be discussed at the interview
How to apply: Please send your letter of motivation (max 500 words) and CV, both in English, with the reference Manifesta 14 Events Coordinator to Sophie Schade, Audience Development Coordinator at Manifesta 14 Prishtina, by the 24th of March 2022.
E: email@example.com. Successful candidates will be invited to an online interview, which will be scheduled in the w/c the 28th of March 2022.
Manifesta is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all conditions of employment including hiring. Manifesta operates under the Fair Practice Code of Solidarity, Trust, Sustainability, Diversity and Transparency which means Fair Chain, Fair Share and Fair Pay.