Job Type Local Staff
Job Classification Proposal (conditional)
MSI is recruiting an Environmental Sector Governance Expert for an anticipated Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) evaluation of the Kosovo Transparent and Accountable Governance (TAG) Project. The TAG project will improve the public availability and analytical use of judicial, environmental and labor force data by civil society, business and the government, thus promoting data driven decision-making. The purpose of this evaluation will be to assess the extent to which the TAG project achieved its targeted outcomes and stated objective. The performance evaluation is expected to consist of a mixed-methods, pre-post design, where a retrospective baseline may need to be collected if data is not currently available. The evaluation design will commence once the contract is awarded, expected by the end of September 2021. Travel requirements are not yet finalized but are a possibility.
The Environmental Sector Governance Expert will be a key member of the evaluation team for the duration of the evaluation. The expert will ensure that environmental sector considerations are integrated in the evaluation design and methodology, data collection instruments and procedures, data analysis, and reporting of the evaluation deliverables. This is not expected to be a full-time position and the level of effort will be determined once the evaluation proposal is active.
- Contribute to desk research and provide inputs for an availability assessment.
- Contribute to the drafting and finalization of the evaluation design including evaluation methodology, data collection instruments, data collection and analysis plans, work plans and other relevant sections. Focus will be given to judicial and environmental data and considerations.
- Provide technical support during data collection and analysis. Data collection may consist of two rounds (baseline and endline), each round with a survey, key informant interviews and focus groups.
- Contribute to drafting sections of all evaluation reports and dissemination materials.
- Participate in dissemination efforts for the evaluation findings.
- Ensure all evaluation processes and products meet the requirements and quality standards of MSI and MCC.
- Master’s degree in environmental science, political science, economics, public policy or related field and at least 10 years of related experience.
- Expertise in government transparency in the environmental sector.
- Expertise in air quality measurement.
- Expertise disseminating air quality data as it pertains to public health.
- Experience working in Kosovo.
- Albanian language ability.
- Experience working with relevant local institutions, such as the Ministry of Economy and Environment
- Experience carrying out evaluations of governance transparency in the environmental sector preferred.
- Ability to articulate answers to evaluation questions for an audience of practitioners in the final evaluation report preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.