External Call for Applications 2-2020 for local staff
The EULEX Kosovo Mission is inviting qualified candidates to apply for its currently short-term vacant Local Staff positions in the Medical Unit and the Security and Safety Department to meet its current operational demands created by COVID-19 pandemic situation.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic the EULEX Mission is increasing its medical team to meet the demands placed on its health services.
- Title: Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Temporary Job Opening
- Ref. no: LST 0002
- Region: Pristina
- Grade: 4
While this temporary assignment may provide the successful applicant with an opportunity to gain new work experience, the selection for this position is for a limited period and has no bearing on the future incumbency of the post.
The contract is for a period of six (6) months. A possibility of extension will be assessed close to the end of the initial contract based on the development of the COVID-19 situation.
Incumbent of this position will be allowed to have additional part-time work provided that the required 38.5 hours per week is dedicated to EULEX Kosovo and a combine working week time of 60 hours is not exceeded.
He/She reports to the Chief of Medical Unit and to the International Nurse.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To work in the Emergency Medical Services as ambulance driver;
- To work in Out-patient Clinic, the Emergency Room and the nursing facility, as well as part of the Emergency Medical Services;
- To respond to emergency calls and assist doctors and nurses in providing adequate care;
- To provide initial non-invasive emergency care and basic life support under;
- To maintain/assure that ambulances/medical equipment are in good mechanical condition;
- To prepare patients for interventions and escort patients to other medical facilities as required;
- To support duties in consultation rooms;
- To check and keep available unit’s oxygen cylinders, emergency equipment and trauma bags;
- To treat patients fair and equal regardless of ethnical background;
- To understand and respect patient confidentiality;
- To perform on-call duties including nights and weekends;
- To undertake any other work-related task as
- Trained Ambulance Driver/EMT with a minimum of Basic Life Support training
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in emergency medical services and pre- hospital care; Candidates with recent professional experience will be preferred;
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of in-hospital patient care;
- In-depth knowledge in how to operate ambulance and equipment;
- Punctuality; commitment to quality, ability to perform under stress; attention to detail; solid work ethics;
- Willingness to work flexible working hour’s essential;
- Ability and willingness to work with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds and diverse political views while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Absolute discretion and trustworthiness;
- Possession of a valid driving licence and blue lights driving training;
- Proficiency in English language including Albanian or Serbian languages;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
The overview of these short-term advertised vacant positions with their job descriptions can be found in the following link: Job Description
There is no deadline for application & the interviews will be held when there is a sufficient number of qualified candidates for each vacancy.
In order to apply, please visit the Online Application Form.