USAID Kosovo Economic Governance Activity
Recruitment for Crimson Capital
- Position Title: E-Solutions Advisor (ESA)
- Number of Positions: One (1)
- Position Type: Cooperating Country National (Kosovo citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident)
- Period of Assignment: Long-term, full-time
- Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
- Location: Pristina
The USAID Kosovo Economic Governance Activity is a five-year initiative that started in April 2019 to support Kosovo partners to implement significant reforms that will improve the simplicity, transparency, accountability and efficiency of government operations, strengthen public financial management, and improve responsive public-private dialogue, through adoption and confirmation of self-reliant, inclusive governance processes, ability, and systems. The support will be offered through the following three objectives:
- Business Environment Improvement (BEE);
- Strengthened Public Financial Management (PFM); and,
- Enhanced Strategic Communications (ESC).
Working in the Enhanced Strategic Communications Objective of the USAID Kosovo Economic Governance Activity (Activity), the E-Solutions Advisor (ESA) will assist public and private sector partners to identify and implement e-solutions that reduce information and procedural barriers to business activity, improve government service delivery, and improve the accuracy and use of data in government processes improvement, management, political accountability, and private sector dialogue and monitoring.
The ESA will cooperate with and support Activity advisors in the BEE and PFM Objectives to identify and incorporate IS/IT e-solutions within coordinated Activity support to counterparts to measurably improve governance and private sector data use.
The term of assignment is for the life of the project, subject to satisfactory performance.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cooperating with Activity BEE and PFM staff, assist public and private sector counterparts to:
- Identify opportunities, within core Activity reform initiatives and using existing partner information and electronic systems, to improve data quality and use within and by counterparts;
- Optimize existing systems and information processes, use and publication;
- Apply knowledge of advantages and disadvantages of commonly used technologies (databases, programming languages, network, infrastructure, etc.) and current international practices and innovations;
- Where necessary and appropriate, support drafting of technical specifications and other materials for independent partner solution resourcing;
- Support adoption of process, data use, and system improvements that decrease the costs and burden of government administration and/or increase private sector knowledge for voluntary compliance with regulations or reduce barriers to economic activity;
- Verify implementation of improvement through automated or otherwise observed objective metrics showing cost and effort reductions, increased use, improved compliance, or other elimination of economic growth and good governance barriers;
- Cooperate with Activity team members to find links between Activity Objectives and provide mutual support to achieve Activity targets and contribute to Activity planning;
- With Strategic Communications Objective staff, identify and support opportunities to improve communications within government counterparts and between government and the private sector, and increase use of operational outcome-based performance metrics;
- Under the supervision of and when assigned by the DCOP, coordinate the activities of individual Short Term Technical Advisors (STTA) or sub-contractors engaged by the Activity to implement specific e-solutions in support of Activity counterparts;
- Meet or exceed all quantitative project goals and performance deadlines linked to this position as articulated in the project Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan and annual work plans;
- Other tasks as required.
- Experience – Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience and a proven track record of participating in the development and/or implementation of e-solutions, business/systems analysis, and/or business process improvement with information systems elements. Experience with development of requirement specifications for software and the application of process/functional requirements definition methods, use case development, process flow diagrams and modelling language (BPML), is preferred;
- Education – University degree in computer science, business administration or related field;
- Language Skills – English and Albanian fluency, with excellent writing and presentation. Serbian language skills preferred;
- Computer Skills – Advanced computer skills relevant to the development and implementation of information management systems;
- Interpersonal Skills – Proven ability to work professionally, constructively and collaboratively as part of team, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, and deal with diverse counterparts (including high-level government officials, entrepreneurs and international donors) in a challenging environment;
- Self-Motivation and Guidance – Ability to manage daily activities and achieve expected results with or without direct oversight and effectively function in a complex, challenging environment.
Please send electronic applications, including ONLY a CV and cover letter, to
by June 12, 2022 no later than 5:00 PM.
Please indicate your name and the position title for which you are applying in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.