As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological, and social development in a globalised world. Working under difficult conditions, GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people's living conditions on a sustainable basis.
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH,
Project “Fit for Jobs”, is searching for following:
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
for supporting the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation in adapting the official EU documents European Framework of Digital Competencies into the Kosovar Education system – two Local Digitalization Experts in Education field
SHORT PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION:
The German Government through German Development Cooperation (GIZ) project Fit for Jobs aims to increase employment of Kosovar youth by improving the quality and labour market orientation of vocation education and training, career guidance, and active labour market measures and job search services. The project operates in four field of actions that include: Facilitating the transition from lower secondary schools to vocational education and training; Promoting the systemic involvement of the private sector in vocational education and training; Anchoring the labor market orientation of (vocational) education in the respective reform policies and strategies; Improving the transition from vocational education or unemployment to the labour market. Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has supported the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology, and Innovation (MESTI) over the past years in developing and revising different policies, laws and sub legal acts that regulates different aspects of the of education system in Kosovo.
Purpose of the assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to support MESTI with two local experts on the Digitalization part of Kosovo Education Strategic Plan for the adaptation of the official documents within the European Framework of Digital Competencies:
- DigComp 1.0 - A Framework for Developing and Understanding Digital Competence in Europe
- DigComp 2.0 – The Digital Competence Framework for Citizens
- DigComp 2.1 – The Digital Competence Framework for Citizens
- DigCompOrg - A European Framework for Digitally- Competent Educational Organisations
to be adapted to the according to the local curricula of the Kosovar context and education system situation and provision and development of instruments and methodologies for the implementation of the competencies set out in these documents.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Initial evaluation/ assessment of the EU official framework documents for digital competencies (e.g., Digital Education Action Plan 2021-2027)
- Adaptation of these documents in the Kosovar context.
- Provision of a practical guide on the implementation of these framework documents including the categorization of different levels of competencies for each specific category.
- Providing examples (success stories) from regional and European countries on similar models which might be feasible in the case of Kosovo
- Providing recommendations which could serve best to the needs of the education system in Kosovo based on their capacities and experience
The contracted local consultant will have to organize and implement the above-mentioned tasks in the period from June - November 2022.
Note: If restrictions are introduced to combat coronavirus/COVID-19, GIZ and the contractor are obliged to make adjustments to their contractual services to reflect the changed circumstances.
- University degree in a field of Education, Management, IT or related area of the assignment
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in a field related to the assignment.
- Expertise in the digitalization aspect
- Experience in the field of digitalization in the education sector will be considered as an advantage
- Experienced in the consultancy industry; development processes and policy making processes
- Experience in the Kosovar and regional education sector with a focus on digitalization aspect and developments
- Very good command of spoken and written Albanian, and English skills.
REQUIREMENTS - The interested local experts are invited to submit the application that should contain following:
- At least 2 Reference Letters.
- Publications on Digitalization in Education (if available)
Interested candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English language to the deadline for submitting the application is 06/05/2022, via email at: email@example.com, titled/labeled as "Local Digitalization Expert - 83408051".
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified!
- Bids must be submitted in pdf format.
- The size of emails for quotation is limited to 30 MB. In case the quotations exceed the maximum data size, quotation documents must be sent via filetransfer.giz.de.
- You should use the reference number 83408051 on the subject line, otherwise we cannot consider your offer.