Balkan Investigative Regional Reporting Network – BIRN Hub, is opening a call for the position of Digital Security Advisor
Balkan Investigative Regional Reporting Network – BIRN Hub, is opening a call for the following position:
- Digital Security Advisor – with more than 3 years of relevant experience;
We are offering the chance to work in a highly interactive and dynamic environment at one of the biggest media networks in the region. Due to the fast and continuing growth of our network and the implementation of various projects, we are looking for a hardworking, dedicated, motivated professional to join our ever-growing team.
Location: Sarajevo, Belgrade, Pristina, Tirana or remote
Position – Digital Security Advisor
The selected candidate will be responsible for securing BIRN’s IT systems and devices and support the organisation in responding to digitals security threats. He/she is expected to develop and update BIRN security policies and advise the organisation to responsibly use the technology.
The position can be full-time or part-time depending on the agreed scope of work.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Researching existing and new threats against BIRN and media environment where BIRN operates, and create response strategies.
- Handle cyber security incidents and platform responses
- Review laptops, smart phones and other equipment that could be compromised and create guidelines for secured usage
- Create documentation and policies around information security processes and technologies
- Communicate with BIRN and its partners to ensure policies and solutions are applied
- Research and access the software, hardware and online services and platforms used by BIRN
- Review individual accounts of BIRN staff that may be compromised
- Implement BIRN developed security policies to other partner media and CSOs in the region
- Traveling regionally and internationally, when needed, to conduct security assessments for the Network and its partners
- Perform other duties as required.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Providing regular weekly, bi-weekly or monthly reports on performance in the period being reported, and the plan for the upcoming period;
- Developing a network of sources within the field of coverage;
- Maintaining appropriate contacts with experts (government, NGO and other officials), necessary to ensure fact checking of content;
- Maintaining appropriate contacts with personnel of BIRN Regional Network, as well as all BIRN country offices and/or personnel, necessary to ensure correct execution of the above duties;
- Helping the set up and subsequent maintenance of database of related contacts;
- Carrying out any other duties that may reasonably or exceptionally be required to ensure the smooth operation of BIRN’s work, such as substituting for absent colleagues, etc.
Who can apply?
BIRN welcomes applications from anywhere in the world. BIRN encourages applicants no matter their gender and offers an equal chance to all interested persons without any prejudice based on any grounds.
How to apply?
Please submit a detailed CV along with Cover Letter that will outline the motivation and previous experience responding to the points raised in the job specifications not later than 17 of April 2022, to our regional operations unit, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
The selected candidate should start work as soon as possible.
Balkan Investigative Reporting Network is a network of non-governmental organisations promoting freedom of speech, human rights and democratic values in Southern and Eastern Europe. BIRN Hub is a non-governmental organisation, a part of the Regional BIRN Network, working in the field of media development, promoting freedom of speech, human rights and democratic values in Southern and Eastern Europe. BIRN has local organisations in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Romania and Serbia, while the Network is editorially also present in Greece, Bulgaria, Croatia, Moldova, Montenegro, Ukraine, the Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and Slovenia. BIRN strives to empower people to access their rights, by providing accurate and relevant information and by creating opportunities for them to participate in democratic processes.