DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Deputy Team Leader (KE2) - EU Support to the Ombudsperson Institution - Kosovo
Job Code: 5516
Project title: EU Support to the Ombudsperson Institution - Kosovo
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows:
To strengthen the capacity of the Ombudsperson Institution of Kosovo (OIK) in order to increase, impact and effectiveness in promoting and protecting the human rights and fundamental freedoms.
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
- To support the Ombudsperson Institution to effectively protect and promote the human rights, and fundamental freedoms of citizens by enforcement of institutional capacities and introduction of new tools and methods;
- To support the OIK for awareness raising among citizens (women and men), public authorities and civil society on the role of the Ombudsperson Institution in promotion and protection of human rights;
The Deputy Team Leader will be involved in the day to day management of all project components.
Commencement date of the project: 18 November 2020
Duration of the assignment: 740 work days over 42 months
Qualifications and skills:
- A Bachelor degree in Law. A Master degree and/or PhD in Law is considered as an advantage;
- Excellent speaking/ writing in Albanian language required, speaking/ writing in Serbian language considered an advantage.
General professional experience
- Minimum 7, preferably 10 years of professional experience working in the judicial field in Kosovo;
Specific professional experience
- Experience* in leading a team in at least one, preferably 2 projects or institutions in the judicial field.
- Minimum 4 preferably 7 years working on protection and/or promotion of human rights in Kosovo.