Location : Prishtina, Kosovo, UNSCR 1244 (1999)
Application Deadline : 14-Dec-20 (Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category : Democratic Governance and Peacebuilding
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : National Consultant
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : 11-Jan-2021
Duration of Initial Contract : 11 January 2021 – 10 July 2021 (60 working days in total)
Expected Duration of Assignment : 11 January 2021 – 10 July 2021 (60 working days in total)
One of the activities of the project is providing technical expertise to the Chief Prosecutor Office in the development of an investigation tool targeting criminal offences that serve as gateway towards unexplained wealth cases. This investigation tool is based on a dedicated intelligence management and data collection database managed by the Tax Administration of Kosovo (TAK). The development of this tool was preceded by a Memorandum of Understanding between the Kosovo Chief Prosecutor and the Director of the Tax Administration, a process which was greatly facilitated by the SAEK project.
The investigation tool needs to be further expanded with structured data and integrated with data bases of other agencies, including, but not limited to, the Civil Registry, the Vehicle Registry, the Customs database, the Business Registry, the Cadastre database and the Notaries database.
Objectives of Assignment
To map the existing systems and data formats with the aim to assess the possibilities of data integration in a unified platform.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe local expert, under the direct supervision of the Project Manager will deliver the following:
1. Mapping and review:
- Mapping of existing platforms/systems/databases, and data formats;
- Review existing platforms/systems/databases and identify missing data/institutions;
- Explore inter-operability routes and recommend most efficient integration possibilities.
2. Recommendations for follow-up interventions:
- Recommend how specialist intelligence processes and databases such as iBase and related analytical systems, can be populated by other relevant databases and the data verified in an automated and effective process;
- Develop Terms of Reference with technical specification for automatic integration of data from other agencies (inter-operability) and an automated flagging of discrepancies as specified in the MoU between the TAK and Prosecution Office.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
- Draft a report on the existing platforms/systems/databases with the objective of identifying missing data / institutions (also identify institutions that require MoU between TAK and the PO) 10 working days
- Provide recommendations on specialist intelligence processes and databases and related analytical systems (10 working days)
- Deliver an assessment of the existing databases and the format of data existing on those databases (20 working days)
- Draft a report exploring inter-operability routes and recommend most efficient integration possibilities (10 working days)
- Develop ToR for an inter-operable systems/platform between all agencies and an automated flagging of discrepancies as specified in the MoU between the TAK and Prosecution Office (10 working days)
Scope of price proposal and schedule of payments
Remuneration - Lump Sum Amount
The Contract is based on lump sum remuneration and shall be processed upon submission of a certificate of payment and IC timesheet indicating the worked days and will be cleared for the payment by the UNDP supervisor.
Required Presentation of Offer
The following documents are required to be submitted:
- Updated P11/ CV, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the candidate and at least three professional references.
- Brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment;
- Financial Proposal that indicates professional daily fee including total amount for whole duration of the assignment.
- Copy of Diplomas and copy of Passport or National ID
Criteria for selection of the Best Offer
Offers will be evaluated utilizing a combined Scoring method – where the qualifications, technical proposal and interview will be weighted a max. of 70% and combined with the price offer which will be weighted a max of 30%
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
- Plans, prioritizes, and delivers tasks on time.
- Ability to work independently and takes initiative in addressing problems encountered.
- Ability to establish effective working relations in a multicultural team environment; supports effective and efficient team work.
- Result oriented and constructive attitude.
- Analytical and strategic thinking / results oriented;
- Ability to design and manage coordination processes, including with multiple stakeholders;
- Good knowledge of organizational policies and procedures related to the position and ability to apply them consistently in work tasks;
- Good knowledge of information technology and ability to apply it in work assignments;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation:
- University degree in IT, or other related degree sciences;
- Master’s degree is desirable.
- At least 10 years of proven experience, in similar engagements, related to data management and electronic platforms;
- At least 5 years’ experience in databases and software development;
- Demonstrated experience in drafting analytical reports;
- Demonstrated knowledge on the rule of law sector in Kosovo;
- Fluency in both oral and written English, Albanian and/or Serbian languages.
- The consultant is required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement with the Tax Administration in Kosovo.
- Click on the "Apply now" button;
- Input your information in the appropriate sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation; you can type in, or paste your short Resume into the last box;
- Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. On the next page, you will be asked to upload your Resume;
- System will only allow one attachment. All docs (CV; P11; financial offer; list of similar profiles should be included as one attachment).
- Please make sure to submit all the requested documents/information; otherwise, your application will be considered incomplete.