TERMS OF REFERENCE
CONSULTANT TO DELIVER A THREE-DAY TRAINING WORKSHOP ON GRANT PROPOSAL WRITING
Action for Mothers and Children (AMC), is a non-for-profit foundation with the foremost goal to save the lives of children and improve the health care for mothers in the Republic of Kosovo through developing better systems for the care of pregnant women, and their children.
We believe that every child and mother have the right to a healthy life, regardless of where they are or what means they have. By developing and implementing programs that improve the health care of mothers and their infants, the number of children who die unnecessarily can be substantially decreased. We aim to focus on the development of sustainable, high quality, and capacity building health care programs for mothers and children in Kosovo.
Action for Mothers and Children seeks an expert consultant to design and deliver a three-day training workshop on grant proposal writing for our program officers and project coordinators.
The training should equip participants with skills on how to write winning grant proposals especially related to public health, maternal and child health, gender-based violence, human rights, social inclusion, and related issues.
II. PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The overall objective of the assignment will be to improve the ability of all participants to develop ‘winning’ proposals. Specifically, objectives will be to:
- improve proposal writing skills,
- support teams to develop their innovative ideas and challenges into proposals, and
- increase awareness of relevant funding opportunities and their proposal requirements.
III. SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of work for the consultant will include but not be limited to:
- Design one three-day training program (included in the proposal);
- Prepare a proposal to AMC for undertaking the proposal writing workshop;
- Facilitate the training workshop and ensure that training skills are shared;
- Identify potential funding opportunities that could be used as training opportunities for the proposal training workshops;
- Provide tools that can be presented in the workshop and left behind for staff to use in proposal development;
- Prepare and submit a report on training process and identification of gaps for possible future strengthening and follow-up.
- A three-day workshop facilitated to support teams to prepare proposals;
- Slides and templates or tools used in training;
- A report on training process and identification of gaps for possible future strengthening and follow-up.
V. DURATION AND TIMEFRAME
The contract of the assignment should be for three working days and the deadline to finalize the assessment is 3rd June 2022.
VI. PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Competencies required to carry out the tasks are as per below:
- Advanced degree in economics, development studies, social sciences or related discipline;
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in in managing proposals for grants;
- Demonstrated capacity or experience in delivering grant proposal writing training;
- Experience in a field related to AMC’s work is an advantage;
- Experience of working civil society is an advantage;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
VII. COSTS AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE
Estimated Cost of Consultancy: Applicant/s shall present a detailed financial proposal that elaborates daily costs on the basis of the above-mentioned deliverables, including a total sum demanded. All costs, including travel, accommodation, administrative tools, communications, etc. shall be covered by the consultant and should be included in the financial proposal as a separate heading, and broken down into details of accommodation and travel costs.
Payment schedule: AMC will issue a contract in EURO. The payment will be done in two installments upon deliverables as per contractual agreement and will be executed in EURO.
Candidates are required to specify their daily rates and the total amount as per the number of anticipated working days for each deliverable in the financial proposal and provide the breakdown of the lump sum amount for each deliverable as well as incidentals of each deliverable in EURO. It is up to the team how to divide number of working days within the team.
VIII. APPLICATION PROCESS
Applications should be submitted in English and should include:
- Financial proposal;
- Examples of similar work conducted in the past.
Applications, including the abovementioned documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th May 2022, with the subject “Consultant – Training on Grant Proposal Writing”.
Note: AMC has a zero-tolerance limit with regards to situations of sexual exploitation and abuse as well as any raised concern regarding child abuse or any related incident. All guidelines, rights and obligations, principles, definitions which implicate situations of concern on sexual exploitation, abuse and child safeguarding as well as mechanisms for prevention and reporting are elaborated under the AMC’s organizational policies on PSEA and Child Safeguarding. All employees, volunteers, partners, suppliers, sub-contractors, agents or any individual with contractual engagements with AMC will be subject to fulfilling all duties and responsibilities on AMC’s PSEA and Child Safeguarding policies.