Local Consultant Romani Language Lecturer to provide an online Romani language course
ISSUED BY OSCE Mission in Kosovo
VACANCY NUMBER VNKOSC02323
VACANCY TYPE Experts/Consultants
NUMBER OF POSTS 1
DUTY STATION Prishtine / Pristina
DATE OF ISSUE 19 March 2021
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION 28 March 2021 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
DATE OF ENTRY ON DUTY 3 May 2021
In spring 2020, the NGO “Roma Versitas”, which supports Kosovo Roma, Kosovo Ashkali and Kosovo Egyptian communities’ members particularly on education, started implementing an online course on Romani language and Roma culture and history. Following a successful implementation of the course and high demand of participants belonging to different communities, the OSCE Mission in Kosovo (OSCE) was approached to provide support to this online course for two (2) additional months.
OSCE will hire a Local Consultant/ Romani Language Lecturer to deliver an online course on Romani language and Roma culture and history to a group of participants from different communities and municipalities in Kosovo.
The online course will consist of 32 school hours and will be delivered in May and June 2021, with one 120 minutes class held twice a week (16 classes).
As part of the assignment, the Consultant will prepare and submit progress and final reports to OSCE. One of the main requirement for the selection of the Lecturer is having previous experience in teaching the Romani language to non-mother tongue speakers from communities in Kosovo.
The OSCE Mission in Kosovo will hire one local consultant/lecturer to deliver a two months’ online course on Romani language and Roma culture and history to a group of participants from different communities.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Communities Section (CS) Project Manager, the Local Consultant/Romani Language Lecturer will be tasked to:
- Based on provided training program and materials, prepare a detailed course plan and conduct preparatory course work accordingly;
- Prepare and deliver an initial language assessment test to assess the language level of the students;
- Deliver one online course on Romani language and Roma culture and history, as per the conditions specified in the ToR
- Prepare a final test for the participants and evaluate their acquired knowledge;
- Prepare periodical brief progress reports and a final report upon the course completion.
- By the first week of May 2021, the Local Consultant/ Lecturer will prepare course plans and share them with the CS Project Manager as well as start to deliver the course: one 120 minutes class held twice a week, until 30 June 2021;
- By the last week of June 2021, the Local Consultant/Lecturer will complete the course delivery including the final students’ language assessment, by 30 June 2021;
- The Local Consultant/ Lecturer will submit short progress reports including attendance sheets about the beneficiaries on the following dates: 14 May, 28 May, 11 June, 30 June 2021;
- At the end of the assignment, the Local Consultant/Lecturer will submit a final evaluation report upon completion of the courses by 10 July 2021.
- Detailed course plan developed by Local Consultant/ Lecturer based on the provided materials submitted to the Project Manager/Activity Manager;
- Brief progress reports including course participants attendance sheets submitted by Local Consultant/ Lecturer submitted to the Project Manager/Activity Manager;
- Final reports submitted by Local Consultant/ Lecturer upon the completion of the courses to the Project Manager/Activity Manager.
- At least bachelor university degree;
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrable professional experience in lecturing Romani language and Roma history and culture;
- Experience in teaching Romani to members of different communities in Kosovo;
- Ability to deliver lesson through online platforms.
Remuneration will depend on the qualifications and experience of individual experts as well as the detailed work plan to be agreed upon and will be based on the current OSCE consultancy rates.
How To Apply
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org/. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completedOSCEapplications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: email@example.com. In line with yourqualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the onlineapplication the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or inother languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and socialbackgrounds to apply