International consultant with expertise on Dialogue, Mediation and Confidence Building
- Requisition ID: PUB000001
- Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA) / Consultant
- Grade: No grade
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Prishtine / Pristina
- Posting Date: Jul 29, 2021
- External Closing Date: Aug 11, 2021
- Target Start Date: Sep 10, 2021
- Job Type: Consultant
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)
Under its Project “Advancing Societal Confidence Building Measures (Phase 2)”, the OSCE Mission in Kosovo supports women in particular and the public in general to participate in decision-making processes related to the elaboration of policies, legislation and the provision of services for women. Through its field operations, the OSCE also supports dialogue and confidence building initiatives bringing together stakeholders from across the Western Balkans region. Since 2012, the OSCE Mission in Kosovo and the OSCE Mission to Serbia facilitated a series of meetings that brought together prominent women from Prishtinë/Priština and Belgrade to exchange views and best practices on meaningful engagement of women in decision making in both societies, known as the “Follow Us” Initiative. As part of a joint action plan, the Dialogue Academy with young women from Prishtinë/Priština and Belgrade was established. Five editions of the Dialogue Academy were held in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 in Stadtschlaining, Austria, while the sixth edition took place online in November 2020. Building on the success of previous editions of the Academy, the 2021 edition of the Dialogue Academy will be held in North Macedonia, from 04/10 to 17/10/2021.
The OSCE Mission in Kosovo will hire a consultant on “Dialogue, Mediation and Confidence Building”, to deliver a two-day course that will collect and streamline topics/themes, present concrete case studies, has the ability to ensure equal opportunity for intervention by all participants, to summarize information, to deal with conflict in a diplomatic manner, and to guide the discussion towards productive outcomes/objectives of the meeting. In addition, the consultant will provide support to the Activity manager to develop team-building dialogue and confidence-building exercises to be used throughout the duration of the whole programme.
Objective of Assignment:
Developing interactive exercises and delivering a two-day course module using practical examples including role play on the topic of “Dialogue, Mediation and Confidence Building” to 12 young women from Prishtinë/Priština and 12 young women from Belgrade, age 20-27 that are establishing personal and professional relationships.
Duration of Assignment:
The consultancy will last for 8 days
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Project Manager the consultant will:
- Design agenda and learning material for a 2 day course on “Dialogue, Mediation and Confidence Building”, comprising of lectures, interactive discussions, practical examples and case studies, and a role play, in close collaboration with the Project Manager. Special attention in the course should be given to the Role of Women in peacebuilding (4 days).
- Design team-building exercises that will be used by the OSCE staff and help building confidence and relationship between participants throughout the programme, in collaboration with the Project Manager (2 days).
- Deliver the training on “Dialogue, Mediation and Confidence Building” (2 days)
- By 20/09/2021, the expert will submit the draft exercises, training, all draft materials and draft practical examples, case studies and role play to the Project Manager for feedback;
- By 27/09/2021, the expert will submit to the Project Manager the final exercises outline, training outline and materials, based on the feedback provided by the Project Manager;
- During the period 04/10 - 17/10/2021 the expert will be engaged in teaching and facilitating the session during the Academy, for two full days. Exact dates within this timeframe will be known only when the agenda is finalized.
- At least two case studies of mediation in conflict situations, demonstrating successful and less successful examples, using culturally sensitive and contextually nuanced methodology are included in the program;
- At least one ongoing regional dialogue processes (Brussels Dialogue, for example) is elaborated through the role play and discussed with participants, focusing on the role and the engagement of women in the process;
- Materials, presentations including role play are prepared on time and in agreed format and presented to the Project Manager for final approval at least 1 week before the start of the module;
- At least 70% positive feedback on the work of the expert by participants upon receipt of evaluation form by participants.
- Advanced university degree in conflict management, international relations, diplomacy or related fields
- At least 10 years of working experience in field of negotiation, conflicts mediation, confidence building
- In-depth knowledge and demonstrated experience with implementation of the UN Women, Peace and Security Agenda
- At least 10 years of experience in conducting training/ workshops as well as presentation/moderation skill
- Knowledge of the political situation in the region
- Experience in conflict mediation and resolution of disputes
- Excellent knowledge of English
Remuneration will depend on the qualifications and experience of individual experts as well as the detailed work plan to be agreed upon and will be based on the current OSCE consultancy rates.
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https:// jobs.osce.org/. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: email@example.com. In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.