International consultant for Proposal Writing and Content development for UNICEF Kosovo Website
Categories: Communication for Development (C4D)
Title: “International consultant for Proposal Writing and Content development for UNICEF Kosovo Website”
Type of engagement: international consultant
Duty Station: Prishtina; Kosovo
Requesting Section: Communications and Partnerships
Start Date: 01 July 2021
End date: 30 March 2021
Purpose of Activity/Assignment:
The consultancy will support the preparation and quality assurance of reports, concept notes and proposals as well as other selected, related documents. In addition, the consultancy will support update of the content of the UNICEF Kosovo Programme website in line with the New Kosovo Programme (2021-2025).
Scope of work:
Under general supervision of and in collaboration with the Communications and Partnerships Officer, and support from Head of Sections, the consultant will accomplish the following deliverables.
Donor Concept Notes, Cases for Support, and Proposals
- Based on inputs from Pillars/technical colleagues and against specific guidelines for each case for support/concept note/proposal (if not available, consult the generic guidelines and good practices and proposals) draft and provide feedback to responsible sections for revision/further inputs and share draft with the CRM/M&E section to review results orientation.
- Finalize content of the case for support/concept note/proposal, including final editing and proofreading, for final review by the Partnerships and Communications Officer and Deputy Representative
- Develops draft reports based on initial inputs from Pillars/technical colleagues against the donor reporting checklist, financial utilization report and specific guidelines for each report, and follow-up with responsible sections for revision/further inputs.
- Finalize the content of reports, including final editing and proofreading, for final review/clearance by the
- Resource Mobilization and Partnerships Manager and/or Deputy Representative.
Other Written Documents/materials
- Based on technical inputs and guidance draft, edit and proofread written advocacy and other documents related to the Kosovo programme
- Content of the UNICEF Kosovo Website
- Update the content of the UNICEF Kosovo Office website in line with the new Kosovo Programme (2021-2025).
Work Assignment Overview:
Tasks/Milestone: Finalizes content of the case for support to articulate the new programme priorities including final editing and proofreading
Deliverables/Outputs: Five cases for support will be developed to articulate the new programme priorities.
Timeline: 5 cases x 2 days per case, in total 10 working days
Tasks/Milestone: Develops concept notes and/or expression of interest and finalizes for submission to potential / requesting donor.
Deliverables/Outputs: Eight concept notes and/or expression of interests will be developed and finalized for submission to potential/requesting donor.
Timeline: 8 concept notes x 2 days per each, in total 16 working days
Tasks/Milestone: Develops project proposals and finalizes for submission to potential / requesting donor.
Deliverables/Outputs: Five project proposals will be developed and finalized for submission to potential donor.
Timeline: 5 project proposals x 3 days, in total 15 working days
Tasks/Milestone: Develops draft reports based on initial inputs from Pillars/technical colleagues against the donor reporting requirements.
Deliverables/Outputs: 6 Donor Reports and other written deliverables, as agreed.
Timeline: 6 reports x 3 per day, in total 18 working days
Tasks/Milestone: Updates the content of UNICEF Kosovo website based on the current programme cycle (2021-2025)
Deliverables/Outputs: The UNICEF Kosovo website will be updated based on the current programme cycle (2021-2025).
Timeline: 5 working days
Minimum Qualifications required:
Holder of master’s degree in the social sciences, economics or development studies or other relevant field (a bachelor’s degree with significant relevant work experience (5+ years) can also be acceptable in lieu of Master’s Degree).
- At least five year’s relevant experience, preferably in the development/humanitarian sector and with experience in fundraising, resource mobilization, and external communication.
- Preferred, experience of UN system operations and donor requirements in both development and emergency settings.
- Preferred, knowledge of UNICEF’s Strategic Plan and mission, knowledge of the Kosovo development context and UNICEF’s work in Kosovo.
Advertised: 18 Jun 2021 Central Europe Daylight Time
Deadline: 25 Jun 2021 Central Europe Daylight Time