Local consultant for curriculum design and standardizing law enforcement curricula for professional trainings
ISSUED BY OSCE Mission in Kosovo
VACANCY NUMBER VNKOSC02297
VACANCY TYPE Experts/Consultants
NUMBER OF POSTS 1
DUTY STATION Prishtine / Pristina
DATE OF ISSUE 26 October 2020
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION 1 November 2020 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
The OSCE Mission in Kosovo (Mission) through its Department for Security and Public Safety (DSPS) continues to support Kosovo Academy for Public Safety Education (KAPS) to enhance its capacities. The overall goal of this activity is to develop and conduct a training programme that will improve the skills of public safety agencies’ trainer’s/curriculum developers and KAPS curriculum section in curriculum design and standardization. This workshop has been requested by KAPS and it is based on identified need for further advancement of trainer’s/curriculum developer’s skills that will enable them to develop and standardise curricula in accordance with the Kosovo Qualification Authority and European Qualification Framework standards. Since the curricula for basic training and higher education has been reviewed and further developed by the European Union (EU) Office in Kosovo, Special Advisory Unit ( SAU) has supported KAPS in standardizing it based on the Kosovo Qualification Framework and contributed to its accreditation and validation.
Twenty (20) new assigned trainer’s/curriculum developers from public safety agencies, responsible for delivering the accredited programmes to all law enforcement agencies within KAPS in line with the European standards, will be trained to become curriculum developers for three days in November 2020. The local expert will provide the expertise, which will enable KAPS and public safety agencies instructors and curriculum officers to gain knowledge, and skills on competence & learning outcomes based on standards set by Ministry of Education Science and Technology (MEST) and Qualification Authority . (QA) In Kosovo
This course will contain the comprehensive topics with regard to the curriculum standardization process such as; learning outcomes linked to teaching and assessment, advantages of learning outcomes, assessment criteria, general guidelines for writing learning outcomes, difference between aims, objectives and learning outcomes, contribution of learning outcomes to the Bologna action lines.
The local field expert/consultant hired from from the MEST or Qualification Authority he /she will brief the participants about the procedures that should be followed KAPS and curriculum developers as per standards set by European and Qualification Framework in Kosovo .
The main objective of the activity is to enhance capacities of the public safety agencies’ and KAPS curriculum developers in curriculum design and standardization skills.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Special Advisory Unit project manager, the local expert/ mentor shall:
Draft the agenda together with activity manager;
- Support KAPS and Public Safety Agencies ( PSA ) trainer’s/curriculum developers with Kosovo practices on designing and standardizing modules with the focus on specializations;
- Come up with evaluation report by assessing the performance of the participants, with recommendations;
- Assist participants to cope with the challenges that they meet during the workshop and in methodology practice;
- Advise on the sustainability of the programme in the relevant area and/or standards needs to be fulfilled for accreditation of training and education programs;
- By 10 November 2020 submit the final plan to the project manager in electronic form;
- By the 30 November 2020 submit to the project manager the post- evaluation report by assessing the performance of each participant, with recommendations for supplementary activities.
- Until 10 November 2020 agenda, for interactive sessions delivered on time and on appropriate form and on the agreeable quality;
- The feedback and quality control questionnaire provided by the participants archived at the academy and used for further planning;
- The final consultancy report and expert’s evaluation report for each of participant submitted on time to the project managers;
- At least 80% of the participants provide positive feedback on the workshop (workshop evaluation questionnaire).
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience and 5 years of training experience within Kosovo Qualification Authority or Ministry of Education Science and Technology (MEST);
- Advanced knowledge on curriculum design and curriculum standardization based on competence & learning outcomes and standards set by Qualification Authority in Kosovo ;
- Familiar with all the necessary steps, forms and procedures for a successful accreditation and certification for public safety training programs;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Written and oral communication skills in English language are desirable.
Remuneration will depend on the qualifications and experience of individual experts as well as the detailed work plan to be agreed upon and will be based on the current OSCE consultancy rates.
How To Apply
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org/. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completedOSCEapplications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In line with yourqualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using theonlineapplication the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or inother languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious,ethnic and socialbackgrounds to apply.