Contractual Arrangement: External consultant
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 9 months
Job Posting: Apr 6, 2022, 2:10:10 PM
Closing Date: Apr 20, 2022, 11:59:00 PM
Primary Location: Pristina
Organization: EU_KOS WHO Office, Pristina
1. Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of a WHO staff member the selected consultant will work closely with the focal point and team from Institute of Public Health (IPH) to support them in carrying out a health impact assessment (HIA) of air pollution using Airq+ tool. HIA will be conducted for the period 2019-2021.
2. Organizational context
The work will be carried out under the Healthier Kosovo project. Healthier Kosovo is a joint UN project implemented by WHO, UNDP and UNV that aims to decrease the burden of disease from air pollution, climate change, and medical waste. This will be accomplished through strengthening institutional capacities, raising awareness, empowering environment & health CSOs, and community engagement.
3. Description of duties
Under the supervision of a WHO staff member and in close collaboration with respective WHO technical staff, the consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Work closely with focal point from IPH and other stakeholders (Agency of Statistics, Hydrometeorological Institute).
- Collect necessary data to carry out analysis in collaboration with the above-mentioned stakeholders (data collection, analysis, interpretation will be done in close collaboration with IPH staff with the purpose of transferring this knowledge to them.)
- Support IPH in writing the HIA report which will be an official IPH document. Advice will be given in the structure of the report, interpretation of the results, etc.
- Organize dedicated training sessions if deemed necessary by IPH.
Coordinate with WHO team and report on the work being carried out.
- Health impact assessment using Airq+ report for periods 2019-2021
- Monthly reports
4. Recruitment Profile
Functional Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent writing skills demonstrated by reports & publications from previous work experience.
- Excellent communication skills with different stakeholders in complex settings.
- Ability to work and collaborate with stakeholders representing different institutions and entities.
- Knowledge of WHOs work in the Euro region, including WHO guidelines and publications in the areas of air pollution and health impact assessment.
- Master’s degree in public health, environmental health, environmental management, or other related fields
- 5+ years in supporting health authorities and relevant stakeholders to assess health impacts from air pollution. At least 2 of these years should be using Airq+.
- 2+ years experience delivering trainings/capacity building.
- Previous experience working with local/national health authorities and international organizations.
- Previous experience in supporting parties to implement and transpose WHO guidelines into existing practices and protocols.
- Work experience in the Balkans region.