The United States Peace Corps program in Kosovo seeks a qualified and motivated candidate for the following position from May 2022 – December 2022.
Community Organizational Development-Technical Trainer
The United Peace Corps is a non-political, non-religious organization, which will bring American Volunteers to Kosovo to work with Municipalities and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs). The Peace Corps is an independent agency of the United States Government and was founded by President John F. Kennedy in 1961. General information about Peace Corps can be found on www.peacecorps.gov.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager (PM) and the Director of Programming and Training (DPT) the Community Organizational Development (COD) Technical Trainer works with the COD PM to design, plan, and facilitate the technical components of the Pre-Service Training (PST) and In-Service Training for the Peace Corps Trainees (PCTs) at training sites outside of Pristina and/ or virtually. The Peace Corps Kosovo Community & Organizational Development (COD) project exists to strengthen organizational capacity at the municipal level, bolster community-led projects, and increase youth and women’s employment skills in an effort to support the strategic priorities of the Government of Kosovo while serving in interested communities of Kosovo. Therefore, the COD Technical Trainer will facilitate trainings for Peace Corps Volunteers that will serve to ultimately increase the capacity of organizations and municipalities to engage youth and women’s increased participation in civil society while encouraging youth and women to attain competitive employability skills.
- Designs and delivers technical training (in-person and virtual) about Community Organizational Development topics in the Kosovo context for approximately 15 American adult learners;
- Collaborates closely with the COD PM in the design and development of the training to adhere to Peace Corps global standards;
- Identifies, coordinates, and involves experts from the field as guest speakers for training;
- Designs and supervises a 20 hour-long practicum experience that simulates the real-world organizational environment of municipalities and NGOs in Kosovo;
- Develops and revises professional materials, handouts, and resource books;
- Participates in the Training of Trainers (ToT) events throughout the year and preceding PST;
- Helps PCTs better understand their experience of working in a municipality or in an NGO;
- Provides support to PCTs in their integration and cultural and professional adaptation into Kosovar context;
- Assesses, monitors and records PCT progress in Pre-Service Training and PCV’s progress in In-Service Training; and
- Participates and designs other in-service trainings and conferences.
- University degree in the field of public administration, management, economics, international development, community development or related field. (Masters degree preferred) or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience working or understanding of Kosovo municipalities, NGOs and international development organizations in community based projects/ initiatives with minimum of 5 years’ experience in development field;
- Experience with organizational development; change management; participatory approaches;
- Strong training skills and ability to interact with diverse American Volunteers;
- Training experience with international organizations (preferred);
- Online training experience (preferred);
- Flexibility and strong communication skills;
- Fluency in Albanian and English required; conversational Serbian also highly desired;
- Ability to think and work independently with little supervision; willing to learn new approaches and adhere to flexible working hours;
- Personal integrity, strong cross-cultural skills, good interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a busy and intense team environment; and
- Flexibility for travel to/from the training community during the Pre-Service Training period and In Service Training.
Level of Effort & Salary:
This is a part-time contract position that will be compensated on a daily rate with approximately 88 days for the period of performance, with some variation to support course delivery and project timelines. This position has a salary range of €4,000 – €5,800 for the period of performance. No other benefits are provided.
Important! Qualified and interested candidates should send a description of their qualifications and CV as well as Court Certificate confirming that you are not under investigation by e-mail to email@example.com. The SUBJECT LINE of this email MUST state: Application for Community Organizational Development Technical Trainer. Hard copies of applications will not be accepted.
Closing date: Applications must be received no later than midnight, Friday, March 4, 2022 to be considered. No phone calls or personal visits related to this vacancy will be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Peace Corps is an equal opportunity employer.