COMMUNICATIONS INTERN (2)
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking two (2) Communications Interns for the USAID-funded Up to Youth Activity, which will address youth vulnerable to social exclusion by mobilizing and engaging youth in meaningful ways to effect positive change. Up to Youth commenced its activities on April 2019 and works in nine selected municipalities in Kosovo to mobilize youth to be forces for positive change. The following are the three specific objectives of Up to Youth:
- Objective 1: Mobilizes youth to be forces for positive change by focusing on identifying, recognizing and bringing together vulnerable youth who have the potential and will for positive change.
- Objective 2: Develops and demonstrates life/soft skills among youth by preparing youth with the necessary skills to engage in meaningful ways and play active roles in their municipal and/or national economy.
- Objective 3: Develops, builds and supports resilience partners in fostering an environment for youth to engage in a positive and meaningful way.
Based in Prishtina, the Communications Interns will support directly the communication department during youth-led Initiatives in nine project targeted municipalities, financed through Up to Youth’s Social Change Fund. Regular duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work collaboratively with Communication Specialist and Team Leads and Project (Field) Officers to maximize productivity and contribute to the promotion of project activities;
Support communication department by attending youth-led events and activities in nine targeted municipalities;
- Take photographs and short videos during activities of Up to Youth’s Social Change Fund and Youth Support Network Initiatives in the field;
- Coordinate with Communications Specialist and Project (Field) Officers in identifying potential activities/success stories/interviewees/video stories under Up to Youth’s Initiatives;
Provide assistance in scheduling activities with youth cohorts such as interview time, setting venue and other logistical support in respective municipalities;
- Assist and support Communications Specialist in proofreading communication materials developed by youth-led Initiatives;
- Complete other assigned administrative tasks, such as email correspondence as required;
- Assist in developing social media content and stories to promote youth-led initiatives;
- Demonstrate commitment to program needs and confidentiality of the Up to Youth project;
Other duties as required from Communications Specialist.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Communications Specialist
- University degree (BA) is preferred in Communications, Marketing, Design, or similar fields;
- Good knowledge in fields of Communication, Design, Content Creation, and Story Writing;
- Language proficiency: Fluency in Albanian or Serbian in speaking, reading, and writing is required, and a good knowledge in English or another minority language is an advantage;
- Commitment to enhance youth promotional materials and youth-led campaigns;
- Ability to work autonomously and under tight deadlines;
- Ability to work successfully as a member of a team and have good communication skills;
- Motivation, positive work attitude, creativity, passion, professionalism and reliability;
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Outlook for e-mail;
- Basic knowledge of editing software Adobe Premiere Pro or other basic on-line applications that enhance social media content creation;
- Ability to take good photographs and record footage out in the field during youth-led initiative activities.
How To Apply
- Please, send your applications with CVs and cover letters to the following address kosovorecruitment@KosovoUpToYouth.org;
- Please state “Last Name, First Name – Job Title” in the subject line of your email;
- Applications will be accepted through 5PM on Monday, March 28, 2022. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered;
- Global Communities provides equal opportunities to all applicants, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, parental status, or political affiliation;
- Interviews will be held using messaging apps (such as Skype, Google Meet etc.) or in person.