Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Communication Assistant
Duty Station: Pristina, Kosovo
Classification: General Service Staff
Type of Appointment: Special Short term, 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: June 06, 2021
IOM in Kosovo has been an active development actor with its strong linkages, network and resources at local level. IOM’s projects vary from rapid humanitarian responses, return and reintegration, community stabilization as well as social and economic development, in line with IOM’s overall commitment to facilitate orderly, safe and regular migration and mobility. Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, the incumbent will support the implementation of the programmes and their communication and visibility plans. The incumbent will be assigned to the following tasks:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Implement effective communication activities that includes outreach and information campaign targeting beneficiaries of IOM’s programmes in Kosovo as well as media outreach and social media and website content creation;
- Draft and disseminate information materials, including leaflets and brochures, official communications, newsletters, press releases, website and social media content, fact sheets, infographics, beneficiary testimonies, ;
- Assist in the coordination of the production process of communication and publication products/items by closely liaising with service vendors (printing companies, production house ) to ensure high quality of final products;
- Organize initiatives and plan events;
- Laisse with media as well as communication counterparts in the region, governmental and non-governmental partner agencies;
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns;
- Ensure that visibility is aligned with donors’ visibility guidelines in all communication materials and events;
- Carry out media monitoring to identify information, perceptions and misinformation among the media and their audiences related to migration issues;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Project Coordinator or Chief of Mission.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in communications, journalism, public relations or a related field;
- Proven social media and networking experience
- Content writing experience for all media platforms (copywriting and editing)
- Experience in using mobile technology, Web technologies, and social media and developing behavior change campaigns, media engagement and developing public communication products Excellent writing and verbal communication skills;
- Experience in liaising with media, organizing outreach activities and other promotional events;
- Proficient in MS Office, content management systems and social media platforms, photo and video-editing skills is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English/local language/s).
- Works well under pressure and meets tight
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Fluency in English and local language/s (oral and written).
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Kosovo will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications – Personal History Form (klick here to download) and Cover Letter to IOMPristina@iom.int by June 06, 2021 midnight at the latest, referring to SVN 2021/XK1905 in the subject line.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 19.05.2021 – 06.06.2021