Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position Title: Communication Assistant
- Duty Station: Pristina, Kosovo
- Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G5
- Type of Appointment : Special Fixed term, 6 months with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Closing Date : July 16, 2020
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, the incumbent will support the implementation of the Communications and Visibility Plan within the project.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Implement effective communication activities that includes outreach and information campaign targeting stranded migrants in Kosovo as well as media outreach and social media content creation;
- Draft and disseminate information materials, including leaflets and brochures, official communications, press releases, website and social media content, fact sheets, infographics, beneficiary testimonies, ;
- Assist in the coordination of the production process of communication and publication products/items by closely liaising with service vendors (printing companies, production house ) to ensure high quality of final products;
- Organize initiatives and plan events;
- Laisse with media as well as communication counterparts in the region, governmental and non-governmental partner agencies;
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaign with the project team;
- Ensure that visibility is aligned with donors’ visibility guidelines in all communications’ materials and events;
- Carry out media monitoring to identify information, perceptions and misinformation among the media and their audiences related to migration issues;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Project Coordinator or Chief of Mission.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in communications, journalism, public relations or a related field;
- Proven social media and networking experience
- Content writing experience for all media platforms (copywriting and editing)
- Experience in using mobile technology, Web technologies, and social media and developing behavior change campaigns, media engagement and developing public communication products Excellent writing and verbal communication skills;
- Experience in liaising with media, organizing outreach activities and other promotional events;
- Proficient in MS Office, content management systems and social media platforms, photo and video-editing skills is an
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English/local language/s).
- Works well under pressure and meets tight
- Strategic and creative
- Meticulous attention to
Fluency in English and local language/s (oral and written).
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Kosovo will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications – Personal History Form (klick here to download) and Cover Letter to IOMPristina@iom.int by 16 July 2020 midnight at the latest, referring to SVN 2020/20076399 in the subject line.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 02.07.2020 to 16.07.2020