- Position: Communication and Visibility Manager
- Vacancy ref: HR068
- Work base: RYCO Head Office Tirana, Albania
- Contract duration: One year from day of appointment with the possibility of extension
- Expected start: As soon as possible
- Application deadline: June 6th, 2022
- Salary range: 1,650 up to 1,700 EUR monthly gross income (tax exempt)
- Benefits: Relocation costs, accommodation allowance for international staff, private health insurance, mobile phone credit
Regional Youth Cooperation Office (RYCO) is an independently functioning institutional mechanism, founded by the Western Balkans 6 participants (WB6): Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia, aiming to promote the spirit of reconciliation and cooperation between the youth in the region through youth exchange programs. The Agreement on the Establishment of RYCO was signed by the WB 6 Prime Ministers at the WB Summit held in Paris, on 4 July 2016.
Communication and Visibility Manager keeps a track of political and social developments in WB6 Contracting parties, projects implemented by RYCO and grantees, and constantly identifies the niches for promoting the RYCO within such context. In doing so, the Communication and Visibility Manager works under the direct supervision of the Director of Programs, ensuring that all programmatic activities are properly communicated to the beneficiaries, stakeholders and donors. S/he also works closely with the Secretary General, informing his/her strategic decisions with up to date and relevant information on the regional political and social developments. In addition, Communication and Visibility Manager is in charge of development and implementation of Communication Strategy and internal/external communications, as an important tool for promotion and implementation of the RYCO Strategic Plan (2022-2025), in regards to the upholding the RYCO institutional and organisational excellence, supporting regional cooperation, mobility and exchange and contributing to the enabling regional social and political environment for promotion of youth cooperation. All duties performed by the Communication and Visibility Manager must be in line with RYCO internal rules and procedures.
- Tracks political and social developments in WB6 Contracting parties, and provides relevant information to the Secretary General in order keep him/her updated on the potential effects those developments might have on RYCO mission and objectives;
- Works under the guidance of Director of Programs in order to ensure that all political considerations over the regional situation are carefully observed by the programmatic activities, and that all activities have been properly communicated to the beneficiaries, stakeholders and donors;
- Works in concert with the Heads of LBOs to ensure proper media presentation and media outreach of all projects supported by RYCO;
- Works in concert with the Grants Manager/team to ensure proper media presentation and media outreach of grants, their activities and results;
- Takes a leading role on communications issues within the Secretariat and between LBOs;
- Develops and implements a Communications strategy. Coordinates the implementation of Strategy in Secretariat and LBOs;
- Prepares production plans, writes drafts, obtains necessary clearances and finalizes texts, edit, copy, and coordinates design approval, printing procedures and distribution of relevant materials;
- Monitors and analyses current events, public opinion and press coverage, identifying issues and trends, and advises the Secretary General and Deputy Secretary General on appropriate action/responses; Conducts media outreach, including development of media strategies and action plans, initiating pro-active media outreach efforts; maintains contacts with national and regional media;
- Disseminates information materials to the media and arranges interviews, organizes press conferences and briefings, monitors press coverage of youth issues in the region; consults with press on approach/story angle and other information requests, undertakes appropriate follow-up action and analyses and reports on the impact of coverage;
- Maintains contacts with key civil society partners at the national and regional level, and undertakes joint communication projects with them; initiates and sustains proactive professional relationships with relevant national authorities in all RYCO Contracting Parties;
- Creates, maintains and develops web sites and social media accounts;
- Performs other functions and special duties, as required by the SG including undertaking speaking engagements, press conferences and participating in seminars;
- Serves as a principal communicator to stakeholders during an emergency response; working closely with the SG and DSG to share appropriate and timely information and stepping into the lead strategist communication role when needed. Perform “damage control” in cases of bad publicity;
- Using relevant computer software, creates designs in appropriate format for promotional and other material, e.g., brochures, presentational materials, announcements, video and audio cassette covers and catalogues, etc.;
- Manages Communication and Visibility team
- Performs other related duties as required.
- A passport holder of any of the Western Balkans 6 participants (WB6): Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia.
- Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in a relevant area, e.g., Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or other related social science field; A first-level university degree or equivalent in combination with two additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- Over 5 years of relevant professional work experience in communications, print media, digital and social media, public relations or other relevant fields of work, whereby at least 2 years should be working at senior level in other international organizations or international projects
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and local personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office, email/internet and i.e.: WordPress, Canva, InDesign, Photoshop etc.; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Experience in implementing international donor funded projects
- Experience in communications, editing, writing, and drafting is an asset
- Experience in communication and visibility in thematic areas covered by RYCO is an asset
- Experience with resource mobilization is an asset
- Fluency in English and any official languages in the Western Balkans 6 is required
How to apply:
To be considered for this position, please send the application materials via email, with the subject line “HR068 CVM” to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 6th, 2022. All applications must include:
- Application Form (completed in English language)
- Europass CV format (completed in English language)
- A scanned copy of your academic qualification (in English or any WB6 language)
- A scan or a picture of your passport or your local ID issued by any of the Western Balkans 6 participants (WB6): Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia
- Scanned two written reference letters from previous employers (in English language)
Female candidates and candidates from socially marginalized groups are encouraged to apply
Only finalists will be contacted for the next recruitment stage which is a written assignment, followed by the interviews. The successful candidate will be required to submit a criminal record check before being offered a contract with RYCO.