- Title: COMMUNICATION AND OUTREACH OFFICER
- Status: Full time
- Location: Prishtina, Kosovo
- Reporting to: Project Manager and Executive Director
The Balkan Policy Research Group is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the position of Policy Communication and Outreach Officer to lead all communication, in-house and external outreach activities.
The Communication and Outreach Officer will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing the communication components (organisational and project activities) of Balkans Group.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audiences;
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including website content, publications, project briefs, press releases, annual reports, and other communication material that includes the organization’s activities;
- Manage the digital presence of the organisation including web management and social media accounts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn;
- Assist and implement the development of graphic design materials including digital and printed materials;
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database;
- Compile and produce a regular e-bulletin for distribution to the organisations stakeholders;
- Develop infographics and visual materials of reports, papers and other types of publications;
- Develop short explainer video materials and animations that describe organisation and project activities visually;
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics;
- Assist in collecting data and media statistics for monitoring and evaluating activities to ensure that project objectives are being met;
- Coordinate the development and branding of project documents, fact sheets, and informational materials, in coordination with the Administrator and IT Officer;
- Maintain effective communication with all the project staff and partner organisations.
- University degree in media, communications, public relations, social sciences, or related field;
- At least three years as a Communication and Outreach Officer or similar positions;
- Excellent research, analytical, writing skills, rigorous attention to detail, and problem solving abilities needed to perform effectively in a demanding position;
- Excellent knowledge in Social Media communication and outreach
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Corel Draw is required;
- Knowledge of Word-Press basics is an advantage;
- Knowledge of Audio/Video equipment (video camera, photography, microphones) is an advantage.
- Ability to visually represent complex policy concepts with video recordings, info graphics and other visually compelling materials.
- Strong leadership and management skills and ability to work under pressure with a variety of stakeholders;
- A strong capacity for effective teamwork, a high degree of flexibility, willingness to work long hours and under pressure of deadlines;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment. Deal and work with multi-tasks and agendas;
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, internet navigation, etc.);
- Excellent spoken and written English and Albanian, Serbian desirable;
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send their CVs containing contact details of three references, a cover letter (in English), and a writing sample relevant to this position. Successful candidates will be invited for an interview. Applications must be received no later than 19 August, 2020.
Applications with “Communication and Outreach Officer” in the email subject shall be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Balkans Policy Research Group – BPRG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, age, or other legally protected characteristics.