The Chief Privacy Officer (CPO) role is focused on the day-to-day operational execution of privacy compliance as it applies to all laws. A CPO makes sure that an organization remains compliant by troubleshooting issues before they happen. A privacy officer’s role is responsible for overseeing the company's compliance within the major widely accepted requirements such as CCPA, GDPR and others. The candidate shall have expertise in privacy law and a good understanding about IT and cloud infrastructure, technology, and technical and organizational structure.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Educating the company and employees on important compliance requirements
- Training staff involved in data processing
- Managing reporting on overall privacy tasks
- Conducting internal audits to ensure compliance and address potential issues proactively
- Ensuring performance and providing advice on the impact of data protection efforts
- Maintaining comprehensive records of all data processing activities conducted by the company, including the purposes of all processing activities, which must be made public on request
- Interfacing with data subjects to inform them about how their data is being used, their right to have their personal data erased, and what measures the company has put in place to protect their personal information
- Keeping up with new privacy laws including GDPR, CCPA and other pending state laws established by controllers or processors for the protection of personal data
- Acting as a liaison between the organization and supervisory authorities
- Advising on data protection impact assessments
- Completing a privacy review of new products and services
- Management of vendors for privacy compliance
- Building a privacy compliance mindset into the team culture
- Review existing data inventories & update them with any new changes
- Create a full-service action plan for compliance with GDPR, CCPA & new regulations
- Build and update custom privacy notices & privacy policies
- Manage the cookie consent process
- Oversee digital marketing compliance
- Execute privacy impact assessments
- Complete a privacy evaluation & strategy for new or existing products/services
- Monitor privacy laws and industry updates to stay compliant
- Report custom privacy program metrics regularly
- Support organization with privacy management technology implementation
- Perform third-party assessments
- Administer individual rights implementation & testing
- Hold online or in-person team training
The two major skill sets required to legal and technical expertise:
- Legal knowledge: Knows regulations backwards and forwards, understands every detail, well-versed in legal language preferably with a legal background.
- Technical background: Practical knowledge of the IT infrastructure that processes the data to be protected, so technology acumen must be high in order to carry out necessary assessments.
Collaboration across the entire organization:
- Marketing - plays a big role in the compliance of GDPR, as they are the responsible for the lists to which they send communications.
- This individual will closely collaborate with the Information Security Officer to assess and mitigate compliance risks.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to remain independent and having no conflicts of interest.
- We are located at the center of Pristina
- Work Schedule: 9:00AM - 5:00PM
- Working Days: Mon-Fri
- Competitive Salary
- Great Health Insurance Plan
We offer a fast-paced environment that is perfect for people who love seeing their work make a big difference in a large audience.
Work with a great experienced team and grow together.
Possibility to travel across the world.
Start Date: ASAP
Type: Full Time
If you possess the required attitude, skills, and experience, seize the opportunity to become one of us and apply today! Please apply via firstname.lastname@example.org by sending your Curriculum Vitae (in English) and the Job-Title as Subject.
Solaborate is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.