Chemonics International, a leading international development organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a chief of party for the anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Kosovo Climate Smart Initiative. The five-year program will increase public and private sector awareness and demand for climate smart initiatives as well as improve Kosovo’s capacity to adopt and implement that support climate change mitigation and adaption, ultimately resulting in more resilience environment and economic sustainability. The chief of party will provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction of the program. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Serve as the key liaison between USAID/Kosovo and all other counterparts and implementing partners involved in the program
- Develop and implement a program strategy focused on achieving results
- Develop, implement, and manage overall technical vision and quality of the program
- Foster and communicate a common vision and ensure its integration among the different components and actors of the program
- Ensure coherence, consistency, quality, and timely delivery of contract deliverables; ensure that monitoring and evaluation, reporting, and work planning activities accurately and professionally reflect program activities and achievements
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, suggesting appropriate program adjustments as needed
- Advanced degree in international development, environmental science, public policy, sustainability, economics, or relevant field required
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience leading/managing large diverse teams, preferably as a chief of party or deputy chief of party, for a complex donor-funded project.
- Experience leading USAID programs preferred
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations preferred
- Demonstrated track record of successfully leading and supervising large, integrated climate change adaptation and/or mitigation programs
- Demonstrated track record of successfully working with a range of stakeholders to promote climate change adaptation and/or mitigation polices or environment and economic sustainability
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills; adept at establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with U.S. Government agencies, host country government officials, and international donor agencies
- Strong understanding of the public and private sectors in Kosovo preferred
- Experience working in the Balkans highly preferred, especially experience in Kosovo
- Fluency in English; strong written and oral communication skills
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit your CV through this form. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an employer that does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.