World Learning is a leading international non-profit organization advancing education, youth workforce development, systems strengthening, and inclusive development through programming around the world. We are seeking experienced Chief of Party (COP) candidates for an anticipated USAID Kosovo activity that will focus on harnessing the leadership of the private sector as a change agent to develop sustainable and innovative models to develop the Kosovo workforce. The COP will be responsible for technical leadership and provide administrative oversight of the implementation of all components under this program. S/he will serve as World Learning’s principal liaison to USAID. Strong track record of engaging the private sector in workforce development and effective management in Kosovo or the region strongly desired.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project.
- Provide overall leadership, management, and strategic direction for the program;
- In conjunction with USAID and World Learning Headquarters (HQ), determine annual priorities, develop work plans, and ensure program responds to changing conditions and operating environments;
- Oversee program administration, implementation, and fiscal management to ensure financial activity aligns with budget allocations, internal policies, and USAID regulations;
- Oversee and monitor quality of all program activities, and ensure reports, work plans, and other program deliverables are timely and of high quality;
- Serve as overall communications/liaison with USAID, implementing partners, and key stakeholders including private sector leaders and government representatives of Kosovo;
- Report regularly to World Learning HQ, providing timely updates of all situational, security, and program developments;
- Manage and supervise team of local and international staff and consultants;
- Represent World Learning at conferences, working groups, and meetings;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field required;
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the successful implementation of donor-funded international development programs related to workforce development and private sector engagement, including experience as COP, Country Director, Deputy Chief of Party, Team Lead, or equivalent titles;
- Demonstrated technical expertise in private sector-led workforce development and employment;
- Experience leading USAID-funded programs in Kosovo or the region strongly preferred;
- Experience managing projects involving private sector engagement, capacity development, grants-making, and trainings;
- Practical experience implementing USAID’s Private Sector Engagement and Positive Youth Development policies;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and reporting requirements; demonstrated knowledge establishing systems and leading project start-up under limited time constraints;
- Excellent communication and diplomatic skills with track record of collaborative and responsive adaptive management following collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) principles;
- Professional level of verbal and written fluency in English required and Albanian preferred;
- Strong leadership and personnel management skills, with a demonstrated commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
World Learning is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action/veterans/ADA employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.