Kosovo Municipal Integrity Activity
Chief of Party
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
The Kosovo Municipal Integrity Activity will address long-standing challenges related to corruption and poor quality service delivery by the Government of Kosovo by enhancing public financial management (PFM), with a focus on municipal procurement, and by reinforcing accountability mechanisms both within government and outside of government through civil society, the private sector, and media.
The Chief of Party is a full-time position for an upcoming award being solicited through USAID/Kosovo to support the Government of Kosovo in its efforts to prevent corruption and improve service delivery. This position will be based in Pristina, Kosovo and is contingent upon contract award to Palladium.
Duration: 5 years
Location: Pristina, Kosovo
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides overall leadership, strategic guidance, vision, and management to staff and the overall project team, including staff, consultants, and partner organizations.
- Plan, direct and coordinate technical and operational activities to ensure that project goals and objectives are met and prescribed timeframes and funding parameters are in compliance with USAID regulations and Palladium’s policies.
- Provide overall technical and administrative leadership to the project implementation team, including development of strategies, budgets, work plans, MEL plans and reporting.
- Ensures the strategic and functional integration of all technical areas as well as strong collaboration with government counterparts, donors, private sector, and other implementing partners.
- Oversee budget implementation and financial management, working closely with the Director of Finance & Operations/Grants Manager; ensure the project's preparedness for USAID audit.
- Responsible for meeting contractual obligations, producing deliverables and targets, and achieving project results as specified by USAID.
- Provide technical assistance to the national and local governments and CSOs.
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID, host country government, counterparts, beneficiaries, and donors. Develop and maintain strong working relationships with them.
- A Degree in international relations, political science, public administration, law or a related field.
- USAID or other donor funded program experience as a Chief of Party.
- Technical expertise and experience in designing and implementing good governance, local governance strengthening, and/or public procurement reform programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with USAID or other donor planning and reporting systems, operations, programming, and structure.
- Extensive experience managing and leading technical and administrative teams for complex development projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, presentation, organizational and computer skills required (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands.
- Experience in the Western Balkans region is preferred.
- Fluency in English; proficiency in local languages is preferred.