ISSUED BY OSCE Mission in Kosovo
VACANCY NUMBER VNKOSS02320
VACANCY TYPE International Seconded
FIELD OF EXPERTISE Security
FUNCTIONAL LEVEL Senior management
NUMBER OF POSTS 1
DUTY STATION Prishtine / Pristina
DATE OF ISSUE 26 February 2021
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION 25 March 2021 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)DATE OF ENTRY ON DUTY 3 May 2021
General Minimum Requirements
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
Excellent physical condition
Possession of a valid automobile driving license and ability to drive using manual transmission
Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in an environment with limited infrastructure
Field of Expertise Requirements
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
Ability to identify and analyse emerging security problems and propose solutions
Level of Professional Competence Requirements
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
Second-level university degree in a field related to security and safety matters or certified training course in relevant field in combination with relevant experience. A first-level university degree in combination with two years of additional qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the second-level university degree.
Minimum 10 years relevant, diversified and progressively responsible professional experience including at least 5 years at the management level relevant to the actual position.
Mission Specific Requirements
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
Proven work experience in law enforcement, security and safety matters in a civilian or military environment;
Previous work experience in the field of security management;
Solid experience with drafting security plans, Standard Operating Procedures and conducting security assessments;
Proven experience in managing a security Warden System and/or Emergency Communication System;
Proven leadership and staff management skills;
Professional fluency in oral and written English;
Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
Cultural sensitivity and judgement;
Flexibility and ability to work under pressure within limited time frames;
Ability to operate Windows applications, including word processing and e-mail.
Police or military background;
Experience in working with an international organization field Mission;
Experience with working in Database Management;
Holder of a C category driving licence;
Working knowledge of the local language(s) in the Mission area;
Contextual knowledge of the region.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Head of Mission, the Chief of Mission Security, should you be selected, you will be responsible for:
1. In close co-operation with the Head of Security Management at the OSCE Secretariat in Vienna, planning, developing and proposing for approval security strategies, concepts, policies, adapted to the specific needs of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo in order to ensure appropriate security arrangements for the Mission.
a) The Risk Assessment and Preparedness Plan;
b) The Emergency Evacuation Plan;
c) Revision of Mission security plans and policies.
2. Supervising, co-ordinating and assigning investigation tasks for violation of security matters and illegal activities, as per Head of Mission decisions;
3. Providing strategic and operational advice and guidance to ensure the safety and security of the Mission and its staff ;
4. Monitoring and evaluating office physical security measures, and conducting security surveys of installations and facilities;
5. Co-ordinating implementation of security arrangements, as recommended by the security risk assessment and approved by Senior Management Team;
6. Ensuring oversight over the work of all security personnel working in specialized teams (protection team, security control room team) and 24-hour shift teams both at Mission Headquarters and the Regional Centres;
7. Acting as a second-level approver of the monthly 24-hour coverage plans for the security force protecting Missions Headquarters and related buildings in Prishtin/ Pritina and for the Security Operations Room;
8. Establishing human resources requirements and managing the staffing table;
9. Identifying areas for additional trainings and redeployment of staff in line with special skills acquired;
10. Co-ordinating all IT, financial and administrative issues, with the technical and substantive departments in the Mission on behalf of the security division;
11. Supervising, providing guidance to, and co-ordinating all important aspects of work performed by the Deputy Chief of Security and the Regional Safety and Security Officer;
12. Co-operating closely with the security information centres of UNMIK, EULEX, KP and KFOR to be aware of all security issues relevant to the Mission area and neighbouring States;
13. Managing the Missions Risk Management Register;
14. Initiating meetings and facilitating the work of the Security Management Team and implementing its conclusions and recommendations;
15. Performing related duties as required.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/ourcompetency-model.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities well in advance of the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered. The OSCE can only process Secondment applications that have been nominated by participating States. For queries relating to your application, please refer to the respective delegation as listed here: https://www.osce.org/contacts/delegations.