The organization YMCA MOVEMENT- YMCA LËVIZJE announces vacancy for 1 open position:
Prishtina/Pristina- Charity Shop Assistant
About the organization:
YMCA MOVEMENT in Kosovo is an organization based on the values of volunteerism that aims to inspire and encourage leadership among young people, assists in healthy community development. YMCA Movement is a full member of the YMCA Europe Federation. It is the first youth organization in the world founded in 1844.
The organization also has a program that runs in the model of social enterprise called Charity Shops. We have one shop in the municipality of Gjakova/Djakovica and an online shop in which recyclable products/goods are sold in order to protect the environment and raise funds to support and employ young people in Kosovo.
The open positions are subject to the project “Charity shop for youth employment and environment protection” funded by the European Union Office in Kosovo and implemented by the YMCA MOVEMENT. The project aims to establish the Charity Shops concept in Kosovo as a tool for youth employment and environment protection, therefore contributing towards building capacities of youth and people with special needs by employing them through social enterprises. The purpose of this project is to create a culture of recycling by working towards SDG13.
Duration: 6 months with the possibility of extension (Part-time)
- Assist in selling the products in the Prishtina/Pristina Charity Shop,
- Ensure good customer service,
- Informing customers of shop promotions to encourage purchases,
- Makes sure the shop is maintained and looked after(security, cleanliness window, products),
- Handle money and be responsible for keys and opening/closing store,
- To work according to the mission and vision of the organization and always give priority to the needs of the community as our work relies on helping others and empowering young people,
- Assists the organization in implementing the current strategy of the organization "One Y - One Way"”,
- To be a young person (under 25 years old)
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
How to apply: Interested candidates / please send a CV and motivation letter to the email address:
In the subject of the email please write the position which you are applying for.
Applications are accepted until 28.04.2021, all applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.