Call for (ERASMUS) proposals
[ Virtual Exchanges in Higher Education and Youth ]
(ERASMUSEDU2021 Version 1.0 25 October 20 2VIRT1 EXCH)
Opening date 03 November 2021
Deadline date 22 February 2022 17:00:00 Brussels time
This is a call for proposals for EU action grants in the field of higher education and youth under the Erasmus+ Programme.
The regulatory framework for this EU Funding Programme is set out in:
- Regulation 2018/1046 (EU Financial Regulation)
- the basic act (Erasmus+ Regulation 2021/8171).
- Multiannual Indicative Programme for the external dimension of the ERASMUS+ Programme for the period 2021-20272
The call is launched in accordance with the 2021 Work Programme and will be managed by the European Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) (‘Agency’).
The specific objectives of this call are the following:
- encouraging intercultural dialogue with third countries not associated to the programme and increasing tolerance through online people-to-people interactions, building on digital, youth-friendly technologies;
- promoting various types of virtual exchanges as a complement to Erasmus+ physical mobility, allowing more young people to benefit from intercultural and international experience;
- Enhancing critical thinking and media literacy, particularly in the use of internet and social media, such as to counter discrimination indoctrination, polarization and violent radicalisation;
- fostering the digital and soft skills development of students, young people and youth workers, including the practice of foreign languages and teamwork, notably to enhance employability;
- promoting citizenship and the common values of freedom, tolerance and non-discrimination through education;
- strengthening the youth dimension in the relations of the EU with third countries.