The call for applications for the 'SMEs Go International' Technical Assistance Facility is being relaunched on 23 September 2020.
The ‘SMEs Go International Technical Assistance Facility is a unique support service provided by the European Commission for eligible projects related to the ‘European Strategic Cluster Partnership for Going International’ (ESCP4i) and the H2020 INNOSUP-1 Initiative.
'SMEs Go International' aims to facilitate the internationalisation and scaling-up efforts of European SMEs by providing and advisory services to 25 selected projects. Depending on the market and country targeted by the project, beneficiaries will profit from the best-suited mix of business and legal expert support.
The vision of this Facility is to support SMEs to:
- GROW - untapping the potential of European SMEs through tailored direct advisory support;
- CONNECT - harnessing internationalisation of European SMEs by enabling partnerships with third country organisations; and
- TRANSFORM - supporting European SMEs to diversify, innovate and generate employment.
Selected projects will receive tailored and in-depth consulting and support services to develop commercially viable and bankable business projects at markets outside the EU.
Beneficiaries will profit from the best-suited mix of business advisors and support experts, who will help projects to take their plans one step further, effectively tackling challenges and overcoming obstacles for their cross-national projects. NOTE: no direct financial support is provided by this action.
Technical assistance services consist of general and specific technical advisory support. Depending on the particular needs of each selected project, technical assistance services will be tailor-made and will focus on the specific market/country targeted by the project.
The benefits of internationalisation support include:
- Access to new markets and chance to reach more consumers, thus increasing sales.
- Chances to diversify to spread out your risks in these challenging times.
- Gain competitive edge over the competition, along with access to new technologies and supply chains, which may significantly improve operations.
- Opportunity to access skills and knowledge, helping you gain access to talent and learn about innovation.
- Forge foreign investment opportunities by developing new resources and establishing important connections.
How to apply?
On 1 October 2020 at 15:00 CET, join us in a Q&A webinar to address your questions on the application process and the technical assistance we offer. You can register here.
When you are ready to apply, the application form can be accessed here.
Deadline to apply: 16 October 2020 at 18:00 CET.
To be eligible for support from the Facility, the lead applicant must be based in the EU or a COSME participating country. (for the list of non-EU COSME countries, please check here) Kosovo signed the International Agreement on 19 December 2017 which entered into force on 4 September 2018.