2020 OSCE DIALOGUE ACADEMY FOR YOUNG WOMEN
31 October — 27 November 2020
Organized by the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The OSCE invites you to apply for the sixth OSCE Dialogue Academy for Young Women, which will take place online from 31 October to 27 November 2020.
About the OSCE Dialogue Academy
Since 2012, the OSCE Mission in Kosovo and the OSCE Mission to Serbia have been organizing a series of meetings bringing together prominent women from Prishtinë/Pristina and Belgrade. The process known as the “Follow Us” Initiative aims at fostering contact and dialogue between the two societies focusing on common issues of concern related to gender equality and women empowerment. As part of identified priority areas for joint action, participants agreed to support the empowerment of young women from both societies through education and dialogue initiatives. With this aim, five editions of the OSCE Dialogue Academy were held from 2015 to 2019, bringing together young women activists from Prishtinë/Pristina and Belgrade, to learn about women in politics and dialogue. The Academy also aims to encourage joint actions of young women activists from both societies to advocate for advancement of women's rights and trust building in the region.
We invite women between 20 and 27 years of age from the geographical regions covered by the OSCE Mission in Kosovo and the OSCE Mission to Serbia to apply. Applicants should be students or young professionals in the fields of politics, law, international relations, social sciences, governance and media. Candidates should demonstrate genuine interest and/or engagement in civic actions (politics, voluntarism, community work, advocacy, and/or policy making). Excellent English language skills are required, since lectures, discussions and working material will be in English.
Following the evaluation of all applications, the selection committee will short-list candidates that will undergo an online interview. Twelve (12) successful applicants from Prishtiné/Pristina and twelve (12) successful applicants from Belgrade who meet the qualification criteria will be selected to participate in 2020 edition of the Dialogue Academy.
Structure and Topics
The OSCE Dialogue Academy for Young Women 2020 will take place online with the following schedule (TBC):
- Saturdays (31 October, 7, 14, and 21 November 2020): from 09:00 hrs. to 15:00 hrs.
- Working week (2-6, 9-13, 16-12, 23-27 November 2020): up to 4 days per week from 17:00 hrs. 20:00 hrs.
- 19 November 2020: from 09:30 hrs. to 13:00 hrs.
Through interactive learning modules, group work, learning-by-doing, role-play, reading assignments and discussions with prominent speakers, the Dialogue Academy participants will have the opportunity to expand their knowledge on issues related to women empowerment, through the following themes:
- Women in politics;
- Dialogue and confidence building;
- The role of women in peace and security;
- Violence against women;
- Discussions with guest speakers and prominent women of the “Follow Us’ initiative.
If you would like to apply for the 2020 Dialogue Academy, please send the following documents in English to: email@example.com
1. A motivation letter (max. one page), which should outline your motivation and expectations to take part to the Academy and address the following issue: “How can women promote dialogue, confidence building and co-operation in the region?
2. CV, including: date of birth and names and contacts of at least two references (names of university professors or supervisors), your mobile phone number and email address.
3. A statement whether you or any of your relative are/are not employed within the OSCE.
Please send your application by midnight, 14 October 2020.