Interested in getting a scholarship to study environmental protection in Germany?
Call for applications - CEE Scholarship Programme of the Deutsche Bundesstiftung Umwelt
The Deutsche Bundesstiftung Umwelt (DBU) in Osnabrück invites university graduates with an interest in environmental protection and nature conservation to apply for scholarship opportunities. The focus is on providing participants with a further professional qualification to solve tasks in environmental protection and nature conservation in their respective home countries. The programme lasts six to twelve months, includes an intensive German language course and is hosted by German universities and research institutes.
Application deadline is 5 September 2020.
For more information visit the website: https://www.dbu.de/stipendien_international
Since 2009 the DBU grants fellowships for advanced qualification in the environmental sector in Germany to young Master graduates from Kosovo.
- advanced qualification of graduates of all disciplines for environmental relevant topics
- knowledge transfer to science, administration and practice
- international networking between environmental experts of all disciplines
What we expect
- above-average university degree obtained within the last three years
- all disciplines are eligible
- citizenship and residence in one of the participating CEE-countries
- proposal of an environmental relevant and applied topic; please check our FAQs for the outline
- sufficient knowledge of the German language; needs to be proven at the beginning of the stay at the host institution
- doctoral candidates can apply if the doctoral project is not completed until after the end of the scholarship
- up to 60 CEE-fellows are funded per year; you can check our database for examples
- funding period: 6-12 months
- monthly grant: 1.250 €
- health, accident and liability insurance
- several weeks of intensive German course in Osnabrück before the beginning of the stay at the host institution
- support with finding an appropriate host institution in Germany: hosts can be e.g. universities, research institutes, companies, authorities, NGOs
- seminars for exchange between fellows
- invitation to important events of the DBU, such as the German Environmental Award
- networking between fellows and alumni via the online platform Stipnet
- yearly meetings of Alumni in their home countries
For more than 25 years, the fellowship programmes of the DBU have supported interesting fellowships in all disciplines with a strong focus on environmental protection and nature conservation. Our database lists all funded fellowships. You can use the search function to search the database for topics, institutions, persons etc.