The Embassy of the Czech Republic in the Republic of Kosovo announces a call for the identification of Small Local Development Cooperation Projects implemented in Kosovo in 2022 with the financial support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic.
Entities registered in Kosovo that are interested in the implementation of their projects can submit their proposals to the Evaluation Committee of the Embassy of the Czech Republic (Ismail Qemali 132, Arbëri, Prishtina, e‑mail: Juraj_Melioris@mzv.cz, mob. +383 44 550 991) on the attached form. Deadline to submit aplication - no later than September 30, 2021
The following instructions and conditions have to be met:
The Small Scale Projects (SSP) are one of the instruments of the development cooperation of the Czech Republic. SSP are identified by the respective Embassies of the Czech Republic (through applications submitted by potential implementers) and approved by headquarters of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA). SSP aims to contribute to the local subject by small-scale development activities in accordance with the beneficiary country´s national development priorities.
- Implementer of the SSP is a local subject with legal personality in the country of the project implementation,
- Implementer must be eligible to sign contract with MFA CZ that establishes jurisdiction of Czech laws and Czech courts,
- It is desirable that the implementer would cooperate with Czech subjects, e.g. would purchase Czech products, use Czech know-how etc.,
- Czech financial contribution for the project is 200,000 CZK – 500,000 CZK (co-financing from other sources is arbitrary and desirable) and the total cost of salary/fee, subsistence allowance, accommodation, travel cost and eventual insurance and vaccination of the experts must not exceed 25 % of the project´s total costs,
- Funds are allocated to non-political and non-governmental group only,
- Submitted proposals can be changed based on the notice from the Embassy until the deadline set by the Embassy.
- Implementation of the project can be started only after signing the contract,
- Project implementation must not exceed 31st October 2022 (project billing must also be done by this date),
- SSP does not include the payment of the implementer´s administrative costs,
- The financial amount approved for the implementation of the SSP in CZK is also binding for the conversion into foreign currency (in case of Kosovo to EUR),
- One of the crucial condition is a project sustainability (meaning the project would be able to run in a future without further financial support),
- Tangible assets of the project should be marked with a logo of the Czech Development Cooperation. In the case of project´s intangible assets, it is always necessary to mention the financial support of the Czech development cooperation,
- The transfer of funds between items in the approved identification form must be justified in writing to Embassy and described in the final report.
- The project implementer is obliged to submit a written final project report, incl. financial report to the Embassy no later than one month after the end of the project,
- The photo documentation of the project outcomes has to be attached to the final report by the implementer.
⇒ More information is available here.