JOB vacancy announcement / Peace Corps Back-UP Medical Provider
- LOCATION: Based in Pristina, Kosovo
- CLASSIFICATION: Personal Services Contractor (PSC)
- POSITION: Back-Up Peace Corps Medical Provider (Less than Half Time)
- OPENING DATE: Friday, March 5th, 2021
- CLOSING DATE: Monday, March 15th, 2021
The United States Peace Corps seeks a Medical Doctor, Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to serve as a contracted Peace Corps Back-up Medical Provider who will provide clinical care for Peace Corps Volunteers and Trainees when the full-time PCMO is not available and assist the PCMO during busy times. Peace Corps expects to use the back-up provider for approximately 25 days per year, on an as needed basis. The back-up provider will be responsible for providing in-person care, phone consultations, and referrals to American citizens who are serving as Peace Corps Volunteers.
The back-up medical provider shall provide direct patient care, referrals to outside medical consultants or facilities, i.e. hospital or emergency department, depending on the specific in-country arrangements, and assist with administrative duties and health education when indicated. The back-up provider shall be available around-the-clock by telephone or be present in the Health Unit. He/she may also be required to provide consultative or prescriptive services to RN PCMOs.
Written documentation that describes the consultation with a Trainee or Volunteer, care and treatment prescribed/provided, and diagnoses must be provided to the Health Unit.
This position will need the applicant to have a valid passport and be able to obtain and maintain a clearance background certification by the U.S. Embassy in Kosovo.
Qualifications and Evaluation Criteria
Candidates must meet all minimum requirements to be considered for this position. Candidates will be further evaluated on exceeding the minimum requirements, as well as additional qualifications presented below.
- Current Medical License
- 3 years of experience as general practitioner in a professional practice, hospital or clinic setting.
- Communicate effectively in English and local language
Additional Qualifications Preferred:
- Experience in managing mental health issues including counseling of patients.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Ability to work effectively as part of an intercultural team.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Administrative experience managing an office
The Peace Corps is an equal opportunity employer and it is the policy of the Peace Corps to provide equal opportunity in employment to all persons, to prohibit discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. It is the policy of Peace Corps Kosovo to pay wages similar to those paid by other local employers for similar work.
TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB:
Applicants must submit their application documentation to the Director of Management and Operations by Monday, COB, Monday, March 15th, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
All submitted applications will include:
- A motivation letter, current resume, diploma or degree from a professional school, and a scanned copy of current medical license.
- Please ensure to provide an English translated version of all documents that will be submitted that are in Albanian.