Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: AVRR Counsellor
Duty Station: Pristina
Classification: General Service Staff, Ungraded
Type of Appointment : Special Fixed term, 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date:As soon as possible
Closing Date: December 23, 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is a related agency of the United Nations, and as the leading UN Agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) is an indispensable part of a comprehensive approach to migration management aiming at orderly and humane return and reintegration of migrants who are unable or unwilling to remain in host or transit countries and wish to return voluntarily to their countries of origin.
IOM is mandated by its Constitution to ensure orderly migration, inter alia, through voluntary return and reintegration assistance. IOM emphasizes that voluntariness remains a precondition for all its AVRR activities.
Under the direct supervision of the AVRR Project Coordinator and the overall supervision of the Chief of mission, the incumbent will be responsible for:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Disseminating information about AVRR programme and providing counselling to migrants in relation to AVRR services and what the AVRR assistance entails for migrants.
- Assisting in planning, organizing and delivering the AVRR counselling services to migrants in accordance with IOM policies and
- Organizing and carrying out regular individual and group counselling sessions in line with the AVRR outreach plan updated on regular
- Maintaining and keeping updated records of AVRR cases and files, recording data in IOM database in accordance with IOM guidelines and
- Acting as a focal point for AVRR matters with external partners, including border police officials and government officials at the asylum and immigration center’s.
- Providing logistical assistance to migrants in establishing and maintaining contacts with country of origin representations for the issuance of travel
- Carrying out relevant duty travel within Kosovo as
- Preparing regular monthly reports for the Project
- Performing any other tasks that may be
- University degree at bachelor or equivalent or higher in the field of migration; the university degree should ideally have been completed in the field of social sciences, e.g. sociology, social anthropology, political science, psychology or related fields with a focus in migration and development issues, or
- Highschool degree/ certificate or equivalent from an accredited institution and a minimum of two years of experience in the field of migration
- Experience working with migrants, displaced population or vulnerable groups will be considered an
- Knowledge of the migration and asylum policies and actors in Kosovo is an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including ability to work under time pressure and meet
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from different multi- ethnic and racial backgrounds;
- Very good organizational
- Working knowledge of MS Office and social media
Excellent written / oral knowledge of English, Albanian and/or Serbian languages.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Kosovo will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications – Personal History Form (klick here to download) and Motivation Letter to IOMPristina@iom.int by 23 December 2020 midnight at the latest, referring to CFA 2020/20077291 in the subject line.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 08.12.2020 to 23.12.2020