External Call for Applications 2-2020 for local staff
The EULEX Kosovo Mission is inviting qualified candidates to apply for its currently short-term vacant Local Staff positions in the Medical Unit and the Security and Safety Department to meet its current operational demands created by COVID-19 pandemic situation.
Security and Safety Department (SSD)
Mission Security/Close Protection Unit, Mission Security Officer Team
- Title: Auxiliary Security Guard, Temporary Job Opening
- Ref. no: LST 0005
- Region: Pristina
- Grade: 4
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic the EULEX Mission is increasing its security team to ensure its security and safety standards.
While this temporary assignment may provide the successful applicant with an opportunity to gain new work experience, the selection for this position is for a limited period and has no bearing on the future incumbency of the post.
The employment contract is for a period of up to three (3). A possibility of extension of the contract will be assessed close to the end of the initial contract based on the development of the COVID-19 situation.
He/she reports to the Mission Security Officer (MSO) Team Leader and the MSO.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To act as first point of contact and respond to any emergency situation involving EULEX Staff and Assets;
- To coordinate with the MSO to ensure safe and secure working environment for Mission personnel;
- To supervise and direct the locally contracted guard force;
- To ensure compliance and report breaches of conduct of the locally contracted guard force to the Mission Security Officers;
- To perform reception and security duties EULEX Mission-wide facilities;
- To welcome and check authorized personnel, visitors, delegations and vehicles for entrance into EULEX facilities;
- To complete all documents or forms necessary for non-EULEX visitors;
- To accurately receive and record documents, goods and supplies;
- To be able to work in Incidents Reporting with responsibilities for the monitoring and passage of information via VHF radio and IT systems when needed;
- To implement Security Guards Post Orders (SGPO) concerning: Fire Plan, Bomb Incident Procedures, Building Evacuation, Emergency Response Procedures, Rules and Regulations for Accessing EULEX facilities;
- To attend Security incidents within the area of operations and liaise with local emergency services, assisting EULEX staff;
- To assist the MSO in the continued development and maintenance of SGPO;
- To undertake mobile patrols and other guard and control duties as required;
- To undertake any other work-related task as
- Completed secondary education attested by a
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience. Prior relevant professional experience in an international organisation in Kosovo would be an advantage;
- Good spoken and written command of the English and Serbian or Albanian languages; Knowledge of the other Kosovo official language would be a an asset;
- Relevant work experience in the security/guarding-sector; Previous experience in an international environment would be an advantage;
- Previous experience in radio operations and procedures together with knowledge of communication systems and equipment;
- Demonstrable understanding of security procedures and Ability to maintain a customer-oriented approach while strictly following all security guidelines. Ability to make quick and sound decisions on safety issues;
- Driving licence B category;
- Must be prepared to operate throughout the mission area;
- Basic computer skills in MS Office applications;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations as a team member in a multi- cultural, multi-ethnic environment;
- Punctuality; sense of responsibility; ability to perform under stress; willingness to work flexible working hours and shifts;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize and manage high
The overview of these short-term advertised vacant positions with their job descriptions can be found in the following link: Job Description
There is no deadline for application & the interviews will be held when there is a sufficient number of qualified candidates for each vacancy.
In order to apply, please visit the Online Application Form.