Project: BKALB- Bridge Component Albania
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ) is a federal enterprise that supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international coop-eration for sustainable development.
The Bridge Component Albania (BKAlb) supports and supplements the reintegration of individuals returning to Albania, shortly after return. It is financed by the German Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF) and receives specific contributions from several German Federal States. Apart from the emergency support for accommodation, medical treatment and transport the project supports returnees from Germany with social and psychological support. The project aims to stabilize and support returnees from Germany in their first year of return and to prepare them for further economic reintegration measures in the labor market.
The activities are part of the wider German coherent approach to supporting returnees in Albania and use synergies with other German initiatives, such as the Program Migration for Development and the BMZ-Programme ‘Returning to New Opportunities’’.
GIZ Office Albania seeks the following staff:
Advisor – Social Worker – 8 vacant positions
The Advisor – Social worker is responsible for welcoming returnees at the airport, registration in the programme, development of reintegration’s plans with the returnee and other social work activi-ties and support where needed by the returnee, such as registration and authority visits. The Advi-sor - Social Worker is also attending and follow-up on the reintegration of the clients according to the individual reintegration plan. It includes but is not limited to creation and support of reintegra-tion plans, implementation of social interventions and enabling of mid- to long term support of re-turnees. It is done under the supervision of the National Coordinator Bridge Component Albania (BKALB)
The Advisor - Social worker performs the following tasks:
Supporting and follow-up to the socio-economic reintegration of the Returnees
- Receives returnees from Germany at airport and conduct their pre-registration and information
- Registers and informs newly arrived returnees at the programme office
- Contributes to the conceptual design and implements the relevant counseling and support pro-cesses for returnees
- Sets up an individual reintegration plan covering all needs and specifying all necessary measures to be implemented by the programme, based on the need's assessment and in close cooperation with the returnee
- Assesses the situation of returnees based on interviews in the programme office and field visits at the returnee premises in order to conduct a needs assessment
- Follow up on the activities developed in the reintegration plan to monitor high qualitive services
- Is responsible for communication with cases and other actors involved in the reintegration of assisted returnees
- Communication and coordination with other programme for economic reintegration of the re-turnees after the social and psychological stabilization phase
- Creates payment requests for his/her own cases
- Creates and maintains the relevant statistical data, related to own cases
Networking and cooperation
- Participates and contributes to the exchange of experiences and cooperation with colleagues from the BKALB Team
- Formulation of appropriate input for various component reports including annual reports, contri-bution to other reports required by the supervisor and/or Team leader, main institutional and funding partner, GIZ country office as well as GIZ HQ
- Travels regularly within the country and the region, in accordance with BKALB requirements
- Participates in team activities and other BKALB events. Translates for and provides support for delegations from Germany.
- Prepares success stories for communication purposes
- Participates in all other office tasks relevant to his/her function
- Takes over other tasks and duties, as instructed by National Coordinator or Team Leader
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in an area of Social work, Healthcare, Health and Social Services, Educa-tion, Psychology or other specializations relevant to the position
- Master's degree in relevant areas will be considered an advantage
- 4 years of professional experience with at least 3 years of experience in a comparable position, in terms of topic (migration) or (subject) social work/support
- In absence of an University degree, 4 years of experience in relevant area on top of the re-quired professional experience
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Readiness to travel frequently within the country (as part of his/her regular duties), as well as willingness to travel within the country and region
- Possession of valid driver`s license and willingness to operate independently a motor vehicle is a benefit
- Good working knowledge and ability related to office applications (excel, word, outlook, etc.)
- Very good language proficiency in either English or German required, as the documentation needs to be done in one of those languages
- Willingness to work in a team and support all other team members to the best of his/her ability
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- Working experience in German reintegration programs would be considered as advantage.
- Full time employment
- Project office in Tirana
- Assignment period: until 31.12.2021 (extension of the project is under discussion with the funding party)
Please forward your application until 4th of February 2021, to GIZ Office Albania by E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following information: Application letter, CV in English (Euro Pass format), references.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Short-listed candidates will be asked to bring certified copies of their diplomas and work certificates.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested groups with-out any discrimination!