Project: BKALB- Bridge Component Albania
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ) is a federal enterprise that supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international coop-eration for sustainable development.
The Bridge Component Albania (BKAlb) supports and supplements the reintegration of individuals returning to Albania, shortly after return. It is financed by the German Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF) and receives specific contributions from several German Federal States. Apart from the emergency support for accommodation, medical treatment and transport the project supports returnees from Germany with social and psychological support. The project aims to stabilize and support returnees from Germany in their first year of return and to prepare them for further economic reintegration measures in the labor market.
The activities are part of the wider German coherent approach to supporting returnees in Albania and use synergies with other German initiatives, such as the Program Migration for Development and the BMZ-Programme ‘Returning to New Opportunities’’.
GIZ Office Albania seeks the following staff:
Advisor – Psychologist – 2 vacant positions
The Advisor - Psychologist is responsible for urgent psychological and crisis intervention with mid - to long term stabilization of returnees. It is done under the supervision of the National Coordinator Bridge Component Albania (BKALB) as well as the Team leader of Programme Migration for Devel-opment / Programme Migration & Diaspora / Bridge Component in Albania.
The Advisor – Psychologist performs the following tasks:
Support and follow-up of the mental health needs of the voluntary and involuntary re-turnees
- Provides urgent psychological and crisis intervention and stabilization
- Attends to the mental health needs of the returnees from Germany
- Follows through with regular sessions with returnees that experienced trauma or are suffer-ing from mental illness
- Provides individual, family and group psychotherapy based on interviewing and diagnosing returnees
- Visits families in the field and engage in conversations with affected persons or with other family members
- Supports returnees at the airport during return in cooperation with the Albanian authorities
- Refers returnees to specialists in public or private health institutions
- Supports the returnees with issues related to administration and application of state pro-vided social services. This may include providing support in filling forms and accompanying the returnees to local governmental offices
Networking and cooperation
- Participates and contributes to the exchange of experiences and cooperation with col-leagues from the BKALB Team
- Cooperates with the Teams of Programme Migration for Development (PME) and Pro-gramme Migration and Diaspora (PMD)
- Formulates appropriate input for various component reports including annual reports, con-tribution to other reports required by the Team leader, main institutional and funding part-ner, GIZ country office as well as GIZ HQ
- Travels regularly within the country and the region, in accordance with BKALB require-ments
- Cooperates closely with the other psychologist in the team on all relevant matters
- Cooperates closely with social advisors and job advisors in drafting a concept for the reinte-gration of returnees with psychological issues
- Creates and regularly provides relevant statistical data related to caseload
- Communicates with third actors concerning reintegration and mental wellbeing of specific returnees to facilitate the process
- Participates in team activities and other BKALB events
- Contributes to preparation of success stories for communication purposes
- Participates in all other office tasks relevant to his/her function
- Takes over other tasks and duties, as instructed by National Coordinator or Team Leader
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Master’s (or overall Study in duration of at least 10 Semesters) in Psychology with desirable specialization in Clinical, Therapy, Family or other relevant field of psychology to the posi-tion
- 5 years of professional experience with at least 3 years of experience in a comparable posi-tion
- In absence of a Master's degree, 2 years of experience on top of the required as profes-sional experience
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Working experience with migrants, refugees, or vulnerable groups
- Working experience in other German reintegration’s programms is an advantage
- Good working knowledge and ability related to office applications (excel, word, outlook, etc.)
- Very good language proficiency in either English or German required, as the documentation needs to be done in one of those languages
- Possession of valid driver`s license and willingness to operate independently a motor vehi-cle is a benefit
- Willingness to work in a team and support all other team members to the best of his/her ability
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- Full time employment
- Project office in Tirana
- Assignment period: until 31.12.2021 (extension of the project is under discussion with the funding party)
Please forward your application until 4th of February 2021, to GIZ Office Albania by E-Mail: email@example.com, including the following information: Application letter, CV in English (Euro Pass format), references.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Short-listed candidates will be asked to bring certified copies of their diplomas and work certificates.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested groups with-out any discrimination!