As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, project Economic Development to Stabilize the Labor Market (LMD) is seeking to fill the position of:
Practice Oriented Training
The overall purpose of the post
The overall purpose of the project is to improve the economic prospects of the people in Kosovo. In close cooperation with professional institutions, state agencies and the private sector, the competitiveness of companies in the agricultural and manufacturing sectors is promoted. Public Institutions in cooperation with the chambers and associations are advised on the development and implementation of sustainable support structures.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The advisor will be responsible for:
- Improving and expanding training opportunities provided by the private sector and its associations
- Implementing targeted training and job-placement programs for women, and with special consideration of creating job opportunities for returnees and perspectives for staying in country
- Development of cost-sharing models and support of "entrepreneurship" trainings (incl. business management/accounting) for private sector organizations
- Supporting in the coordination and communication with consultants and partner organizations
- Assists external experts assigned to the project in completing their tasks
- Actively contributing to the overall and annual planning of project activities
- Facilitating and documenting capacity development measures, workshops, and other meetings with stakeholders at all levels
- The Advisor is responsible contact person to the private sector partner organisation within her/his field of responsibilities.
- Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education, political and/or economic sciences or a related field.
- At least five years of relevant working experience in Employment creation, vocational training and organizational development with international organizations.
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- High sense of ownership and responsibility, and ability to work independently
- Familiarity with relevant stakeholders business associations and professional institutions
- Proven experience with practice-oriented trainings, and job placement mechanisms
- Familiarity with cost-sharing and public-private business models
- Readiness to independently familiarize with and apply GIZ rules and regulations
- Excellent command of MS Office
- Very good knowledge of English; knowledge in German is an added value
- Good communication and presentation skills.
Location: GIZ Office-Pristina
Expected start date: August 2021
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Advisor Practice Oriented Training– GIZ LMD project
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered
Deadline for the application: 23 June 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.