As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalized world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information about GIZ see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Innovation and Training Park (ITP) in Prizren is seeking to fill the position of:
ITP Secretariat and Knowledge Management
The overall purpose of the post
The project “Innovation and Training Park (ITP) Prizren” works on the transformation of the former military camp of the NATO-led peacekeeping Kosovo Force (KFOR) in Prizren into innovation and training park (ITP Prizren). The park’s core idea is to attract innovative, technology-oriented and creative businesses and start-ups, educational institutions, vocational training providers, civil society organisations and public stakeholders to build an ecosystem favourable to thrive entrepreneurial innovation and success leading to economic development in the Prizren region and beyond. GIZ is mandated with developing the park in this regard on behalf of the ITP association, which is a not-for-profit organization with members from the Kosovo and German governments.
The Advisor “ITP Secretariat and Knowledge Management” will be the focal person for the secretariat functions of GIZ to the ITP association and its assembly of members. The advisor will ensure smooth communication with the assembly members, ensure proper organization of assembly meetings and follow up on decisions. The advisor will be further responsible for knowledge management including monitoring, following up and sharing results of the project, support to project management processes and support to ITP services for tenants in the park.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The advisor will be responsible for:
Focal person for the secretariat of the ITP Assembly of Members
The advisor will be the focal person of the project for the ITP assembly of members and will ensure smooth communication, organization of meetings and follow up on results and decisions with the GIZ project team and stakeholders in the park:
- Maintaining communication with the chair of the assembly,
- Be the entry point for any queries the assembly members might have to the ITP team,
- Preparing decision memos,
- Coordinating, organizing assembly meetings,
- Ensuring that all assembly members and observers are informed about meetings, applications from tenants,
- Drafting agendas in coordination with the GIZ project leader (AV) and the chair of the assembly,
- Compiling documents to be tabled in assembly meetings,
- Taking minutes,
- Preparing decision memos and following up on decisions by the assembly that are done by email circulation,
- Follow up on decisions of the assembly relevant to the action of the GIZ project and stakeholders in the park.
Focal person for the information management with the Board of Directors and the Advisory Committee of the ITP association
The advisor will be the focal person for both, the Board of Directors and the Advisory Committee:
- Schedule, organize, document, and follow up on meetings with the Board of Directors of the Association,
- Be the entry point for any queries the Board of Directors might have to the ITP team,
- Follow up on decisions of the Board of Directors and ensure,
- Regularly provide updates to the board of directors on developments in ITP (including minutes of assembly meetings,
- Organize and documents meetings between ITP management and members of the advisory committee on specific questions,
- Organize meetings with the advisory committee as a whole at least once per year.
Results monitoring and reporting
The advisor will ensure that ITP project results and impacts of the ITP project are systematically captured and reported and that the projects` objectives and agreed outputs are commonly understood by the team, as well as the project's contribution to aggregated indicators on programme level, company level and German Federal Ministry of Economic and Development Cooperation (BMZ) standard indicators:
- Monitoring the progress of the ITP project against the established results matrix and operational plans
- Ensuring the ITP project contributes to aggregated indicators such as programme indicators GIZ aggregated results data and standard indicators of BMZ where applicable.
- Contributing to the regular reports to the governments of Kosovo and Germany.
ITP services for its tenants
The Advisor supports the ITP project team in providing services to tenants in the park:
- Supporting services of the team to ITP tenants in the area of capacity development and knowledge management, such as trainings, conferences and seminars.
The advisor supports internal knowledge management of the project:
Supporting internal processes such as coordination of meetings, data management and others in the project.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- University degree in the field of political and/or social sciences, public administration, business administration, international relations or a related field or equivalent professional experience (demonstrating analytical skills).
- At least three (3) years of professional experience in a comparable position with international organizations or public institutions in Kosovo.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good knowledge of English; German is an added value,
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office),
- Strong communication skills, both in written and verbally,
- Strong analytical skills, an affinity for numbers and figures,
- Very good coordination and organizational
Location: GIZ Kosovo- Innovation and Training Park, Prizren
Expected start date: 1st of April 2022
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Advisor ITP secretariat & knowledge management– GIZ ITP
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 4th of March 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.