As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, project Fit for Jobs is seeking to fill the position of:
The overall purpose of the post
To improve the employability of Kosovar young people, individual and organizational capacities of general and vocational schools under the Ministry of Education and Science (MES), the Kosovar Employment Agency (EARK) and the local employment office, as well as private sector enterprises and institutions, will be promoted. The active engagement of companies in vocational education, the introduction of school development plans, the integration of labour market-relevant regular and extracurricular offers in secondary and vocational schools as well as the organization and development of the Kosovar Employment Agency (EARK) including the local employment offices support the reforms in the partner organisations. The systemic anchoring takes place through policy advice on the design of strategies, laws and regulations as well as the initiation and monitoring of cooperation mechanisms of relevant state and non-state actors. A special focus of the project activities will be to support the reintegration of returnees. The implementation also draws on the experiences and lessons learnt from two predecessor projects in the fields of basic education, vocational education and youth employment promotion.
The Advisor will be in charge to support and integrate the application and use of digital instruments and approaches in the implementation of activities across the different outputs of the project. He/she will closely cooperate with technical advisors in education, vocational education and employment promotion to provide adequate advice to the project partner institutions.
Main task and responsibilities
The advisor will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing an overall digitalization approach for the project platforming the fields of career orientation, employment-oriented education, work-based learning (and labour market services)
- Administering and further developing the project learning management platform Moodle
- Consulting the programme manager in updating the approach according to the needs and strategies of the partner systems
- Organising and implementing capacity development measures to advance digitalization in education, career orientation, vocational education and employment promotion together with technical experts and partner institutions
- Carrying out specific research tasks which are required for planning the implementation of projects or programmes
- Supporting partners to develop sustainable strategies for the introduction and use of learning management platforms
- Planning and preparing partner workshops and events
- Carrying out specific tasks in connection with knowledge management for the project
- Contributing to the exchange between projects of GIZ in Kosovo to foster synergies for digital partner solutions
- Actively contributing to the overall and annual planning of project activities and the country planning
- Coordinating with external digitalization service providers (e.g. appraisers, agencies, trainers, IT designers)
- Assuring the quality and extending a pool of digital service providers (programmers, administration of Learning Management System-LMS and Content Management System-CMS, social media etc).
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Social Sciences/Education or a related field with a focus on IT.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a comparable position
- Experience in administration digital of learning management tools and/or programming skills
- amiliarity with relevant stakeholders in the field of education, vocational education or employment promotion in Kosovo is an asset.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good knowledge of English; working knowledge of German language is an added value
- Strong advisory, analytical, networking, interpersonal, communication, and organisational skills
- Experiences in digital community management
- Knowledge of GIZ and BMZ processes, tools and approaches, e.g. regarding commission management, procurement procedures, and current developments are an advantage
- Interest and active engagement in the company’s / country office’s structures beyond the own project (e.g., involvement in sector networks; working groups) is highly appreciated
- Digital literacy, including skilled usage of Microsoft Teams, is a precondition
- Integrity, flexibility and motivation are important traits for this and other positions in this project.
Location: GIZ Office Pristina
Expected start date: June 2021
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to email@example.com
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Advisor – Fit for Jobs
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 25 April 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.