As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Innovation and Training Park (ITP) in Prizren is seeking to fill the position of:
Digital Ecosystem Development
The overall purpose of the post
The ITP project, located at the former military camp of the NATO-led peacekeeping Kosovo Force (KFOR) in Prizren, Kosovo, works on the transformation of the site into an Innovation and Training Park (ITP) (The Innovation & Training Park (ITP) in Prizren). The park’s core idea is to build an ecosystem that, through collaboration and shared resources as well as offered business development services, thrives entrepreneurial innovation and success and thus leads to local and regional economic development in the Prizren region and beyond.
A new component in the ITP team aims to establish a digital transformation centre in the ITP. More specifically, it focuses on the promotion of the digital ecosystem and the digitalization of businesses by building, strengthening and connecting capacities of businesses, higher education and vocational training institutions, civil society organizations and public stakeholders. Its main beneficiaries will be innovative and information and communication technology (ICT) start-ups, small and medium enterprises ((M)SMEs), ICT training and research facilities. The project will thereby implement and support a variety of measures, ranging from the establishment of a Digital Innovation Hub (DIH), start-up incubation and acceleration, joined innovation experiments from the research and business side, a variety of ecosystem building activities and advice to related policy processes.
The Advisor will be the main counterpart of the project leader regarding all activities to support and connect Kosovo’s digital economy and its ecosystem (IT start-ups and companies, ministerial actors responsible for ICT, ICT training providers, researchers and students).
Main task and responsibilities
The Advisor will be responsible for:
- Developing ownership for the overall project concept and its delivery; pro-actively identifying opportunities and supporting the project manager in updating the approach according to the latest developments and the needs of the digital ecosystem
- Support partners from the digital ecosystem to develop and implement their strategies and business models in line with the vision of the project (e.g. the DIH, the idea-to-scale program, etc.)
- Contributing to the exchange with and between partners in the field (e.g. tech-start-ups, universities, related projects in Kosovo or the region) to foster synergies and support local partners to build networks and strengthen communities in the digital ecosystem. Identify, contact, and connect relevant partners, establish new and foster existing partnerships and networks.
- Organizing and implementing capacity development measures regarding digital transformation for partners by own means and through the identification and contracting of service providers and management of their service delivery
- Planning, preparing, participating in and moderating presentations, workshops and events
- Carrying out specific tasks in connection with knowledge management for the project
- Carrying out specific tasks in connection with Monitoring and Evaluation for the project
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- University degree in a relevant field related to digital transformation, e.g. economics, information and communication technology, computer science etc.
- Relevant certificates regarding digital transformation are an asset (e.g. design thinking, (agile) project management or similar)
- At least 7 years of professional experience in relevant positions
- Experience with startup promotion; e.g. incubation, acceleration programs or similar
- Experience with needs assessment and business development of ICT companies, especially start-ups
- Experiences in network, (digital) community and ecosystem development; having a network in Kosovo’s digital ecosystem and knowledge of the relevant stakeholders is a great asset
- Good knowledge of trends in ICT and digital transformation (IoT, AI, 3D Print, 5G, etc.) and its relevance from an international development perspective
- Experience in the development of policy papers, strategies or frameworks regarding digital transformation, the ICT sector or start-up promotion
- Experience with digital transformation from a training, science and education perspective is an asset
- Experience in the field of digital transformation of traditional companies (e.g. enterprise software development, implementation, consultation or trainings) is an asset
- Experience with the concept of “Digital Innovation Hubs” (DIH), and respective showcasing or test-before-invest mechanisms are an asset
- Experience with funding opportunities for start-up promotion, innovation or digitalization initiatives is an asset
- Experience with tendering processes and calls for proposals is an asset
- Experience with the GIZ or other international development actors is an asset
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good knowledge of English; German is an asset
- A proactive approach, thinking outside the box, creativity, embracing challenges, self-motivation and self-organization are of the highest relevance for this position
- Strong advisory, analytical, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
Location: GIZ ITP Office-Prizren
Expected start date: October 2021
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to email@example.com
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Advisor– GIZ ITP
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 30th of September 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.