As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Innovation and Training Park (ITP) in Prizren is seeking to fill the position of:
The overall purpose of the post
The project “Innovation and Training Park (ITP) Prizren” works on the transformation of the former military camp of the NATO-led peacekeeping Kosovo Force (KFOR) in Prizren into innovation and training park (ITP Prizren). The park’s core idea is to attract not only innovative, technology-oriented and creative businesses and start-ups, but also educational institutions, vocational training providers, civil society organisations or even public stakeholders to build an ecosystem favourable to thrive entrepreneurial innovation and success leading to economic development in the Prizren region and beyond. The Advisor “Business Services” will in this regard be in charge to coordinate and strategically developing the business service portfolio (business development services (BDS) and other business services) of the park and its ecosystem (Output 2 of the project).
Main task and responsibilities
The Advisor will be responsible for:
- Coordination of the business service portfolio of the ITP Prizren, including analysis and planning needs and resources, to catalogue services, conceptual and strategic work to develop the portfolio, etc.;
- Establishment of connections and support in the settlement and acquisition of relevant institutions and organisations for the business service portfolio in the ITP Prizren;
- Development and establishment of own business development services or any other services to support businesses in the ITP Prizren;
- Building of networks and initiation of strategic partnerships with relevant business support organisations in Kosovo (e.g. chambers of commerce or sectoral business associations, and others) and abroad; incl. the preparation of Memorandum of Understandings (MoU);
- Assistance in the marketing, as well as the PR and communications, work of the ITP Prizren with perspective to its business service portfolio;
- Specific tasks in connection with knowledge management for the project;
- Specific tasks in connection with monitoring and evaluation for the project;
- Support in general and other project-related duties.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- University degree in a relevant field of Economics, Business Administration, or similar.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a relevant position.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- A proactive approach, thinking outside the box, flexibility and self-motivation and self-responsibility are of the highest relevance for this position
- Strong advisory skills
- Good communicator with excellent networking skills
- Outstanding team player
- Familiarity with relevant stakeholders in the field of business development services and other business services in Kosovo and abroad
- Excellent knowledge of one of the local languages and English; German is an asset.
Location: GIZ Kosovo- Innovation and Training Park, Prizren
Expected start date: February 2022
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to email@example.com
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Advisor-Business Services – GIZ ITP
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 28th of December 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.