As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Global Programme “Partnership Approaches for Development-oriented Vocational Training and Labour Migration (PAM)” is seeking to fill the position of:
The overall purpose of the post
The Global Programme "Partnership Approaches for Development-oriented Vocational Training and Labour Migration” (PAM) aims to implement development-oriented migration and mobility models for vocational training and employment in several partner countries, including Kosovo.
Strong partnerships between governmental, private sector and civil society actors, including diaspora, should create added value for Kosovo as a country of origin of trainees and skilled workers interested in migration to Germany. Through close links with measures to strengthen the structures of the vocational training sector, the recognition of Kosovar qualifications in Germany and the skills of migrants are to be promoted. In order to share the experience gained and learn from it together, the establishment of transnational networks is supported, and learning, dialogue and exchange formats are organized between the partner countries and Germany.
The advisor will perform his/her duties under the instruction of the Programme Officer (DV) and Programme Director. He/she will support the pilot activities in Kosovo.
Main task and responsibilities
The advisor shall be responsible for:
- Support in planning, implementation, quality assurance, monitoring, evaluation and documentation of programme activities in Kosovo, including an appropriate integration of the pilot measures into national policies and the portfolio of GIZ in Kosovo
- Support in development and strengthening of transnational partnerships and networks in the field of vocational training and labour migration and mobility between Kosovo and Germany
- Close cooperation with partners in government-related institutions, private sector, civil society incl. diaspora organisations and academia on labour and vocational training migration
- Implementation of learning and partnership processes, as well as capacity development measures based on needs and interest of partners and assuring their realisation and monitoring
- Assisting project initiatives to provide professional advisory services to and cooperate with a broad range of target groups
- Innovation and knowledge management
- Close cooperation with the PAM-project team in Germany regarding the matching, advisory and support activities/measures for the migrants and potential employers.
Coordination and management
- Prepares programme activities incl. development of operational plans
- Implements programme activities at a local level in consultation with the technical lead and close cooperation with relevant stakeholders
- Develops terms of references (TOR), participates in the selection of consultants and steers them
- Identifies partners and the needs of the stakeholders involved
- Supports in monitoring the results, progress and contributes to annual reporting.
Communication, networking and cooperation
- Maintains regular contact and dialogue with programme partners and relevant stakeholders to cooperate towards the programme’s objectives (among others public and private institutions in the field of vocational education and training and labour migration, enterprises and associations)
- Networking and cooperation with other relevant programmes/projects to maintain good working relationships
- Provides technical support to national and international short-term experts if necessary
- Prepares products and written contributions for political and public relations for the programme’s implementation in Kosovo, e.g. press releases and answers to parliamentary questions.
- Collects, analyses and circulates relevant information, disseminates programme experiences and lessons learnt
- Contributes to technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures
- Prepares appropriate input for annual reports for the commissioning party and contributes to other reports.
Other duties/additional tasks
- Provides technical support upon request
- Takes part in regular virtual exchange meetings with the PAM team in Germany (e.g. Jour-fixe) and integration in cluster structure/ communication formats on the spot in Kosovo
- Assists in and/or carries out other tasks as assigned (e.g. for cross-cutting topics like gender).
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- University degree in an area that is related to the programme’s objectives, such as Migration Studies, Vocational Education, Development Studies, Economic Studies with focus on labour markets; etc.
- At least 5 years professional experience in a comparable position
- Experience in the development sector and with project management
- Profound knowledge in at least one of the following themes: migration-related topics; international recognition of professional qualifications, vocational education and training
- Experience in the field of cooperation with the private sector is an additional asset
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Excellent and effective communication and writing skills in German and English
- Knowledge of TVET and migration relevant stakeholders in Germany/ Kosovo is an additional asset
- Knowledge of cross-cutting issues like Gender, Diversity, Digitalization is an additional asset
- Knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Office /Teams) and digital tools
- Affinity for agile methods
- Excellent interpersonal skills, structured, networked thinking and acting, ability to work in a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomatic skills, facilitation and mediation skills, resilience
- Eager to learn from experiences and fails
- Proactive attitude towards working flows and willingness to assume responsibilities.
Location: GIZ Office-Pristina
Expected start date: August/ September 2021
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Advisor - PAM
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 1 August 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.