Recruitment for Chemonics International
Chemonics is implementing the USAID-funded Kosovo Justice Activity, a 5-year project which started in August 2020. The purpose of the Justice Activity is a more responsive justice system capable of providing people access to quality services and multiple means to solve their justice needs and every day legal problems to generate greater public trust in the justice system and the rule of law.
Chemonics is seeking candidates for several administrative and financial support positions including Finance Manager, Administrative Assistant, Finance Assistant, and Driver(s). All positions will work under the direct supervision of Operations Director. The term of assignment is for the life of the project, subject to satisfactory performance. At all times candidates must adhere to, and act according to Chemonics’ Professional Code of Ethics (“Living Our Values”).
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
- Administrative Support. Assist all project staff to ensure smooth delivery of technical assistance, with particular attention to quality control throughout the project. Provide program logistics (travel, lodging), office operation support (assist in procurement of supplies, equipment and services, and IT), internal and external communications. Interact with local vendors and other project-related officials on an as-needed basis. Handle and manage all petty cash activity.
- Assist on evaluation and revision as necessary for all Requests for Quotations (RFQs) and serve on review committee as needed.
- Maintain leave database, tracking annual leave projections and actual usage, and tracking sick leave.
- Under the direction and in cooperation with the Operations Director, support communication with the Chemonics Home Office project management unit.
- Maintain inventory, checking all items against the inventory list at least semi-annually and ensuring proper equipment marking. Ensure that all equipment is used in accordance with program and U.S. Government guidelines.
- University degree.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as an administrative and operations assistant, demonstrating increasing responsibility, and job tasks similar to those listed above
- Computer Skills (Required) - Word processing (Microsoft Word), spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel), e-mail (Microsoft Outlook).
- Ability to work professionally, constructively and collaboratively as part of team, meet deadlines, and communicate effectively.
- English fluency. Albanian fluency required. Skill in Serbian an advantage.
Please send electronic applications, including ONLY a CV and cover letter, to JusticeActivityRecruit@chemonics.com no later than September 18, 2020. The e-mail subject line must indicate the position title for which you are applying. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, meaning positions may be filled prior to the closing date. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.