(Temporary maternity leave replacement)
Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc., implementer for the USAID Kosovo Commercial Justice Activity (Program) is seeking an Accountant to be responsible for the bookkeeping and accounting of the Program. The Program is a five-year initiative to reduce opportunities for corruption and encourage investment in Kosovo by helping to improve the resolution of commercial disputes and the enforcement of judgements.
Note: The position is a temporary maternity leave replacement. The assignment is expected to last for about 7 to 10 months with planned start date in July/August 2020.
Responsibilities of the Accountant
Responsibilities of the Accountant include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review and verify all payments before checks are presented to signatory authorities. The review process should ascertain accuracy of figures, legitimacy and sufficiency of supporting documents and that charges are made to the appropriate account codes;
- Follow up timely liquidation of all open advances and report irregularities to Director of Operations (DO);
- Overseeing timely payment of rental (residential) properties, utilities;
- Monitor cash balances in the bank account and submit timely information to the DO ;
- Prepare all payments through Bank and maintain cash ledger for all transactions;
- Facilitate International Staff cash need and monitor clearance of personal advances;
- Monitor and reconcile receivables/payables and facilitate subsequent clearance;
- Control and monitor that financial transaction and other records / data are properly referenced and marked to facilitate easy accessibility by authorized personnel (e.g. Auditors, Tax Administration of Kosovo);
- Prepare bank reconciliation for the bank account in Kosovo every month and submit to DO along with appropriate supporting documents;
- On monthly basis submit all relevant accounting documents to the Home Office;
- As required by the Local law, make the monthly payment of income tax, Rent Tax and pension;
- As per Local Law requirements, keep the accounting books and makes the necessary reports to the Tax Administration of Kosovo;
- Prepare the VAT report for USAID;
- Review and analyze system generated reports from the Home Office and prepare adjustment/correction entries;
- Take lead in system related issues and participate in month end closing; and
- Other duties as assigned by the DO.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in finance and accounting or a relevant field;
- Excellent knowledge of accounting laws, rules, and procedures applicable in Kosovo
- Excellent command of Albanian and English languages (written and spoken);
- Excellent analytical, writing and communication skills; and
- Excellent command of QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel. Prior experience working with QuickBooks is a requirement.
- At least five years of experience in accounting and finance in Kosovo, preferred experience with USAID projects.
Applicants should submit cover letter, resume, and 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB June 12, 2020.
Please indicate “Accountant” in the subject line. All qualified applicants will be considered solely on the basis of merit. DO NOT CONTACT USAID or USAID COMMERCIAL JUSTICE ACTIVITY. Applicants who contact USAID or USAID Commercial Justice Activity independently of the prescribed application process will be disqualified. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.