ISSUED BY OSCE Mission in Kosovo
VACANCY NUMBER VNKOSS02262
VACANCY TYPE International Seconded
FIELD OF EXPERTISE Rule of Law
FUNCTIONAL LEVEL Senior professional
NUMBER OF POSTS 1
DUTY STATION Prishtine / Pristina
DATE OF ISSUE 28 May 2020
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION 23 June 2020 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
DATE OF ENTRY ON DUTY 1 September 2020
- Excellent physical condition
- Possession of a valid automobile driving license and ability to drive using manual transmission
- Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in an environment with limited infrastructure
- Second-level university degee in law or significant work experience in criminal justice and/or law enforcement (the latter required for police corrections officer training)
- Experience in the practice of law, e.g. judges, prosecutors, lawyers, etc.
- Knowledge of courtroom proceedings and criminal law and procedure
- Knowledge of international legal procedure standards and instruments
- Demonstrable organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
Second-level university degree in a relevant field
Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience Mission Specific Requirements Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
- Second-level university degree in law, human rights or related field;
- Six years of relevant professional experience in human rights, law or a related field;
- Experience in the practice of law, e.g. lawyer, legal officer, judges, prosecutor, etc.;
- Two years of experience working in an international environment;
- Professional fluency in the English language;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people from different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Cultural sensitivity and judgment;
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and within limited time frames;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; and
- Ability to operate Windows applications, including word processing and e-mail.
- Previous work experience with drafting of legislation and rule of law reports;
- Political knowledge/experience in the region and the legal system of the Mission area;
- Working knowledge of the local languages;
- Good knowledge of international law, international human rights mechanisms as well as good governance standards and principles;
- Assisting in formulating the section policy on issues pertaining to rule of law;
- Serving as deputy to the Chief of Section in the co-ordination of section activities and staff management;
- Taking a leading role in the review of draft primary and secondary legislation as well as policies for compliance with rule of law principles and human rights standards;
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting on a broad range of rule of law and human rights issues, including implementation of primary legislation;
- Maintaining close co-operation with all relevant stakeholders on issues pertaining to rule of law and human rights;
- Organising meetings to follow up recommendations internally or with relevant institutions;
- Informing and advising the Department about the situation of rule of law;
- Maintaining knowledge of all areas of legislation in the Mission area;
- Providing relevant advice on rule of law and good governance issues to other units within the Mission;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
For more information on the work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see http://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.
Only those applicants who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.