Open & closing dates 04/02/2021 to 04/23/2021
Pay scale & grade MC 14
Salary $100,000 to $165,900 per year
Appointment type Term - 24 months
Work schedule Full-time
1 vacancy in the following location: Pristina, Kosovo
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Telework eligible Yes as determined by agency policy
This position is located in the Threshold Programs division of the Department of Policy and Evaluation (DPE), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).
Although the position is advertised equivalent to GS-15, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band 3a which is generally equal to GS-15.
You will be responsible for coordinating the development and overseeing the implementation of Threshold Programs in countries to which assigned. You will:
- Promote policy reform for the operational portfolio and conduct policy monitoring of the countries to which assigned.
- Coordinate Threshold Program development and oversee the implementation of Threshold Programs through a relationship with in-country implementing partners.
- Develop guidance for the development, management, and oversight of Threshold Programs, and support efforts to increase the impact of programs.
- Manage the process of program development, approval, and implementation in close coordination with U.S. government partners.
- Monitor and analyze country policy performance, make recommendations, and participate in the policy dialogue with threshold countries.
- Manage the threshold programs of countries to which assigned, ensure that appropriate performance metrics are obtained on program objectives, and provide guidance to senior agency management on the full range of threshold program issues.
- Identify issues and problems, analyzing approaches and strategies for the most effective execution of MCC's mission to reduce poverty through economic growth. Document and promote best practices in policy reform.
- Prepare briefing papers, policy papers, and background information related to countries in the portfolio and programs.
- Lead the development and documentation of long- and short-range planning efforts, reviewing the process of implementing Threshold Program agreements and ensuring that information on performance is transparent, accessible, and easy to understand.
- Represent agency management to the highest-level stakeholders of the threshold program, including managing all liaison activities and ensuring the maintenance of a positive relationship with officials from eligible developing countries, as well as with on-the-ground implementation partners.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.