Pre-notice for the forthcoming Call for Applications (Round XIII of the Young Cell Scheme Post-Graduate EU Scholarship Programme)
This is a pre-notice informing about the forthcoming opening of the Call for Applications for the Round XIII of the Young Cell Scheme Post-Graduate EU Scholarship Programme. No action is required now from potential applicants.
The European Union Office in Kosovo and the Office of the Prime Minister of the Government of Kosovo announce the forthcoming opening of the Round XIII of Applications to the Young Cell Scheme, the EU post-graduate scholarship programme for Kosovo citizens. Successful applicants will be offered the opportunity to study in a one- or two-year Master programme at a university in an EU Member State. The Scholarship Programme’s working language is only English.
This call is open to the general public and to civil servants (further details and rules to be published with the Call for Applications) in the following areas:
- Law (including EU Law)
- Public Administration and Good Governance (including Human Resources Management)
- Economics, Finance, Management (including Public Health Management)
- Energy, Environment and Climate Change, Transport
- International Relations and Diplomacy (including Defence and Security)
- Other Sectors according to the demand of Kosovo Public Administration
Eligible applicants are:
- Kosovo citizens with a valid Kosovo passport or ID card issued by Kosovo institutions or with valid proofs of birth and -residency in Kosovo (NB: both birth certificate and residence certificate are required where any form of Kosovo ID cannot be provided).
- University graduates holding a bachelor degree in one of the areas of study pertaining to the sectors
- Fluent in English and Albanian or
- Born on 1st January 1988 or later.
Scholarships will cover the following costs:
- application costs and tuition fees
- living allowances
- visa costs & health insurance
- one return flight ticket
- English preparatory language training for- and cost of IELTS English test (in case the studies are to be under in another EU language, other required language tests could also be reimbursed)
Selected participants will commit to:
- Be available to undergo training/internship from February 2023 onwards and to move abroad from August 2023 until the end of the estimated completion of
- Work for the Kosovo Public Administration as an intern for 4 months before departure (with the exception of civil servants already employed in the public administration of Kosovo).
- Follow the YCS language training programme (where needed).
- Attend and complete their chosen post-graduate
- Complete three (3) consecutive years of employment or re-employment (if civil servants) in the public administration of Kosovo (including employment in municipalities and local government) upon their
Selections will be carried out in three stages and they include:
- Pre-selection based on the administrative and eligibility
- Written tests (English knowledge, General Knowledge of civil service and/or of sector knowledge and Verbal & Numerical Reasoning).
- Interviews by a panel composed of academics from selected EU EUO and GoK representatives will sit the panel as observers.
The whole selection procedure will be implemented in accordance with the Regulation (MPA) No. 01/2019 on the Beneficiaries of the Scholarship Schemes.
Women and representatives of non-majority communities are strongly encouraged to apply. Application forms and the full set of accompanying documents will be available for download on internet at the following website: https://ycskosovo.eu. Additional information on the scheme’s Rules, Procedures and Selections Criteria will also be published there.
This is only a pre-notice of the opening for the call of applications to inform potential applicants of the forthcoming opening of the call itself. Applications are not yet open. For further information https://ycskosovo.eu