General Information about the Stipendium Hungaricum Program (MoU 2020-2023)
We are pleased to announce the new call for application for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program.
Based on the agreement between the Kosovo Government and the Hungarian Government, the Hungarian Government offers 75 scholarships annually to the citizens of the Republic of Kosovo to pursue studies in Hungary in the Hungarian language or in the English language.
Up to 55 scholarships are available annually for undergraduate (BA, BSc) studies and/or graduate (MA, MSc) studies in the fields of Agriculture, Social Science (especially for majors in: Psychology, Library and Information Sciences, Communication and Media, etc.), Natural Sciences (especially for majors in: Mathematics, Astronomy, Meteorology, Cartography, Computer and Engineering, Production and Construction), Art and Humanities (especially for majors in: Archeology, Hungarian Language and Literature, Culture Heritage Studies, Archival Sciences, Social Integration, etc.), Art and Design (especially for majors in: Musical Creative Arts, Classical Musical Instrumental Performance).
Up to 10 scholarships annually are available for full doctoral (PhD/DLA) studies in any field of an applicant’s interest;
Up to 10 scholarships annually are available for One Tier Master’s (OTM) studies in the fields of Agriculture, Engineering, Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Veterinary Medicine, and Architecture.
Scholarships may be used for three (3) to ten (10) - month training programs as well.
The educational cooperation agreements in effect between Hungary and the Sending Partners (Kosovo) determine which fields of study and scholarship types applicants are eligible for. Under no circumstances may applicants apply for a programme that is not available for their country. Before selecting a study programme, please check the following tables regarding the available study programmes and sending partners:
The Call for Applications and the Annexes can be found on website: https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/apply/
The online application system can be reached here: https://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/
The Application Guide for the applicants can be found on website: https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/uploads/2020/03/Application-Guide-for-the-Stipendium-Hungaricum-Programme_2023_24.pdf
And Ministry website:
Please read carefully all the documents and the links containing information about this scholarship program and review the application requirements and procedures.
Please note the following information about the Application Process:
- Fill out the application form and submit it along with the required documents in the online portal of Stipendium Hungaricum Program.
- Late applications will not be considered.
The hard copy applications will not be considered for applicants.
Application Requirements (Please note):
- All applicants who have completed their studies in Kosovo are required to have the original copies of their transcripts and diplomas verified by the NARIC Center at the Ministry of Education in Kosovo. Verified copies of transcripts and diplomas bearing the official stamp of the Ministry must be submitted along with the other required documents enclosed with the application.
- Applicants who are unable to provide a required document at the time of submitting the application, must submit a personal written and signed statement (one for each of the missing documents) explaining the reason(s) why they were unable to obtain a particular document at the time, and stating that they will submit the document by the application deadline as specified in the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Call
- In accordance with the requirements set from the Ministry, Stipendium Hungaricum application guidelines and regulations and the requirements of the host institutions in Hungary, the following documents must be submitted at the time of application:
(Please read carefully)
We require an official, notarized translation of all your original applications documents, which are not originally written and issued in English language by Institutions, Hungarian or in the language of the selected study programme
- Proof of Language proficiency (English language test, e.g., IELTS, TOEFL, etc.);
- Motivation Letter- Please write at least 1500 characters, but not more than 4000 characters;
- CV, ID, Passport;
- High school Diploma, certificates and transcripts in Albanian and English, Matura Exam in Albanian and English (for Bachelor studies);
- University/College diploma (for university/college graduates) and transcripts of record with GPA-average grade, both in Albanian and English;
- Verified copies of documents issued by Kosovo institutions (transcripts, diplomas) as above- from NARIC office in the Ministry;
- Two references (Recommendation Letters);
- The Research Plan has to be minimum 2 pages, typed in Times New Roman 12 point font size letters, written in the language of the selected study programme (for Ph.D. applicants). The work plan must indicate the resources used, the document is checked by the universities for plagiarism;
- a statement by the supervisor at the proposed Host Institution declaring that the supervisor undertakes to supervise the student's work within the doctoral program (if required by the doctoral school) - (for Ph.D. applicants)- Some doctoral schools request students applying for their doctoral programs to have a supervisor at the Host Institution, who, in the case of the successful application process, will undertake the supervising of the student’s doctoral education and research activities within the frameworks of the doctoral program chosen by the applicant. In case it is required by the doctoral program you are applying for, a statement of acceptance issued by the supervisor must be attached to the application. Please make sure whether the doctoral program you are applying for requires a statement of acceptance.
- Admission Letter by a university in Hungary (in case of individual applications sent directly to university);
- Signed Statement by applicant for missing documents that you will obtain and upload the missing document(s) until 1 August 2023 at the latest. In case you have more missing documents, you need to upload a separate declaration to each one;
- Additional documents for art applicants (Portfolio- photographs of three works of art / sketches (indicating the date of creation);
- Applicants applying for studies in the field of Music need to upload the following document as well: Audio Portfolio- audio track of three works (indicating the date of the creation);
- STATEMENT FOR APPLICATION (online);
- Medical Certificate/Mandatory only for the applicants nominated by the Sending Partners
- Please note that one applicant can submit only one application per application round, and those who apply with more than one account will be automatically rejected during the technical check.
Applications are based on nationality, i.e. only nationals of the Kosovo may apply. Residence in a partner country-Kosovo does not entitle applicants to apply.
The scholarship does not fully cover all the costs of living and the students need to add their own financial resources in order to cover all living expenses in Hungary. All applicants are highly advised to check the expected living expenses both in Hungary and in the city that they wish to live in before applying.
Related to the allocation of applicants, in order to support student diversity, the number of eligible applicants from the same country may be limited in case of certain study programs due to the limited number of places offered in the Stipendium Hungaricum program (e.g. medical programs).
We would like to strongly recommend you to visit Stipendium Hungaricum website later for new updates.
The deadline for submitting the complete application is 16th January 2023 – 14:00 (Central European Time).
Please note the following information about the Selection Process:
- Priority will be given to the applicants who have not benefited from the previous calls of the Stipendium Hungaricum.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have uploaded all the required documents by the application deadline.
- Priority will be given to applicants applying for specific study programs in accordance with the Stipendium Hungaricum Program (MoU 2020-2023) Agreement.
- This scholarship is provided by the Stipendium Hungaricum program. The application evaluations and decisions of all the respective committees are final.
Please note that the program is implemented through direct cooperation with the responsible authorities of the Sending Partner. The application does not have any additional costs, therefore, we highly recommend that you do not apply through any agencies.
Please make sure that:
- You read and understand all parts of the Call for Application, especially the eligibility criteria (e.g., age and citizenship requirements);
- You read the guide (available at: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu website) for the online application system;
- You visit the website of Tempus Public Foundation, the Dream Apply online application system, and of the Host Institution of your choice for details about the admission requirements of specific study programs, curricula, etc.;
- You meet any additional requirements set forth by the sending country - General information from the Ministry of Education in your country, available at:
General information about the documents:
All the documents are compulsory and need to be submitted to the online application system by all applicants until 16 January 2023, with the exception of the medical certificate which must be submitted only by the nominated applicants until 15 April and the Statement of the Supervisor (only for doctoral applicants, if required by the doctoral school) which must be submitted until 15 March 2023.
With best wishes for a successful completion of the application process,
The MESTI Team
Call for Applications for bachelor’s, master’s, one-tier master’s, non-degree programmes and postgraduate specialist training courses 2023/2024
Call for Applications for doctoral programmes 2023/2024